AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings

NEW Triangle UQ Thingies and more

We have been working on and testing some ideas with Hangnout's UQ triangles for a few weeks now and I have had the chance to use them on a few different quilts in the field. I have had a lot of interest in getting them into the store and I really wanted to put them through the paces before releasing them. I am proud to announce that the UQ Triangle Thingies are now available. I have gone through a few versions and have tested both full and partial lenght quilts, summer and 3 season versions and I feel confident that we have something that will help to suspend nearly every quilt better on most hammocks.

The principal that Hangnout has been working on (and I have to agree after using them) is that lifting the quilt up to the hammock is better than using a long cord to the ends of the hammock to pull the quilt up, as you also get a lot of out with this method. Here is the thread with more of the details of his design and the idea.

So I have done some work on my take on them, first they are all trimmed in Grosgrain for long term durability, they are available in a range of colors of sil fabric as well as some camo options with PU coating. We are continuing to use the Line Lock for adjustment at the corners to snug the quilt up to the hammock, they are strung with 1/8th inch shock cord to maintain some give in the quilt. The other change I have made is that we are using 2 micro carabiners to attach to the quilt. With a light summer weight quilt and some of the lighter partial length 3 seasons the mitten clips worked fine, but with some 3 season quilts, most full length quilts and all of the winter options I tried the mitten clips would pull open exposing the "jaw" of the clip to the quilt and hammock. So I opted to use a micro carabiner that would be more secure on the quilt but also would not create anything that might snag on your gear.

Please be aware that they will only work with quilts that have loops at each of the four corners for attaching the micro carabiners to. And they work best with hammock that have an integrated ridge line to support the Triangles from. I am offering them in 2 size options, full length quilts can still benefit from them and can use a shorter size for head and foot end. The larger size has a standard length one for the head end of you hammock and a longer one for the foot end. At check out in the store you will be asked which size you prefer.

I would also like to announce that we now have Push-Pull Caps to fit Platy bottles at a fraction of the price of other shops that sell them

And as of a couple weeks ago I am now offering Dynaglide whoopies in both green and orange for users under 225 pounds, you will be asked to confirm you are at or under at checkout.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0 Dbl Coyote Brown
    Tarp
    Superfly, MacCat
    Insulation
    Leigh's 2/3UQ,Yeti
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    As an owner of HangNOut's triangle suspenders, I can tell you these things work great. I'm glad you're carrying them, Paul, and I like the Grosgrain edging. Very nice.

Salty

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    Very cool - keeping the UQ in place has definitely been a constant struggle for me, so I'm a big fan of anything that makes it easier.

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustardman View Post
    Very cool - keeping the UQ in place has definitely been a constant struggle for me, so I'm a big fan of anything that makes it easier.
    They have made even a very wide quilt like we offer a fair bit easier to hang and keep positioned. Last week I rolled around a lot till I finally found "the spot," the quilt never moved an inch.
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    Switch back 1.9
    Tarp
    Lawson HexaLite
    Insulation
    3-Season Incubator
    Suspension
    whoppie slings
    I don't get it! their is deffently needs to be a video on this. Before and after, how to, and pros and cons.
    "The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection."
    Thomas Paine

Hammock
    WBBB DBL 1.7
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    KAQ,WB,Ham. Gear
    Suspension
    Dutch clips, strap
    Was thinking the same... Im having a hard time visualizing this...

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/Doors
    Insulation
    Yeti or JRB Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Looks intriguing but a video would be helpful. Do I understand that this basically is used to pull the quilt UP instead of OUT?

Are they sold by the pair or each?
    What is the weight?
    Will they work with a Yeti?
    David

The road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with weary feet, Until it joins some larger way, Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say.
    -Frodo Baggins, The Fellowship of the Ring

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Well, I feel good that I'm not the only dummy that's not getting it.

Hammock
    DIY "WARBIRD"
    Tarp
    OES STD,WB BMJ
    Insulation
    Golite TQ/leigh UQ
    Suspension
    WHOOPIES
    I just saw a video that had this on the hammock but I can't remember were . looks like a great idea to get that snug fit . I don't like the way my underquilt fits on the ends of my hammock but this might be just the ticket . looking forward to a video review of this. ??

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Hey Guys sorry for the delay getting back, been watching some great youtube vids on the Sawtooths

Ok I will try and get out and get a video of them up in the next few days. In the mean time I can try and explain a bit. Most (not all) under quilts work by stretching a shock cord suspension from the quilt out to the ends of the hammock to hold the quilt in place. This works fairly well, but with some quilts this means you are pulling it outward to try and lift it into place. The Triangles help to reposition the lift from out to much more up. What this does for you is help to pull the quilt up to the user of the hammock. It makes it easier to get the quilt to hold to the user, and makes sealing the edges easier to help keep heat in. They can still be hung loosely to vent if you need to. And the other benefit is because the quilt suspension is pulling up more to the sides many quilts are less likely to slide out from under the user.

As to use on a yeti, no a stock yeti will not work with the triangles. From everything I have seen on the yeti Brandon dose not have corner loops for the suspension to hang from so there is no place to attach the 4 micro carabiners to. Now if you want your yeti modded to have 4 tiny loops of grosgrain added that should be a minor thing to do, and I know a guy

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast