I am sure there are a blue million of these in this forum already, but I wanted to make my own list so that I could 1) get your help making sure I don't miss anything and 2) have a complete list so I can track what I have and what I need (as well as plan the expenditures!). I know this may be no fun to read through, and it will probably be longer than needed, but I'm trying to organize my thoughts so that I can get this project moving along.

Since it seems to be relevant in making sure I have enough and the correct materials, I am 6'2" and 240lbs.

I'll start with the hammock and tarp. The UQ and TQ will come in later.

I would like to make a simplified version of headchange4u's HH clone . Simplified in that my bug net will probably not be integrated, as I don't do a ton of summer camping (too dang hot here!). I may chicken out and go for a gathered end hammock though.

I'd like to do a 10X10 tarp, pitched on a diagonal. Will that give me enough coverage, or do I need to do a 12x10?

So far, here is what I am coming up with, please let me know if I am missing anything to complete my setup. Thanks!

For all:

Gutermann Thread

Hammock:

4 yds 1.9 breathable

OR

7 yds 1.1 breathable

I am still undecided if I want a double layer 1.1 or a single 1.9. I have heard pro's and con's for both. I guess that will be a gametime decision!

Also, I am planning a 10' length for my hammock, is that appropriate for my height?

Amsteel for the whipping, but I am uncertain as to how much I'll need. Any suggestions on # of feet?

Also Amsteel for the ridgeline

1 yard of 3/16" nylon flat cord for the tie outs

Suspension:

2 Whoopie Slings
2 Dutch Clips
2 7' pieces of webbing
2 Marlin Spikes

Did I miss anything?

Tarp:

7 yds 1.1 sil for a 10X10

Grosgrain ribbon, 15 yards, to put on the outside edge of the tarp and should have enough left over to make the tie outs, with a little left over for margin of error..

Silicone seam sealer

I know I'll also need some cord and shock cord to tie it down.

I may also order 8 yards of the 1.1 sil so that I can make stuff sacks as well.

I would appreciate any comments or suggestions, especially if I have left something out or am making this more complicated than it needs to be (I tend to do that )

Thanks for reading.