Hammock and underquilts

I have been thinking about how to attach an underquilt and weathershield to a hammock with minimal weight. I have come up with several ideas, but the simplest (in my mind) i went in depth.

this involves attaching grossgrain/ polypro webbing tieouts (for lack of better term) along the side of the hammock. there would be tie outs on the quilt and ws as well. match the tieouts, then pull a drawcourd through. that way, the quilts are secured and it only weighs a little more. the added weight is that of some tieouts, and drawcord. it could also use to secure a topquilt and top ws.

http://tinyurl.com/2mszvs

dont mind the bad drawiing (my tablet's pen is always a little off)

EDIT:
    the left example is having the webbing loops come out, and the right drawing shows the loops built in (thus having a more fitting quilt and using a little less material)
    Last edited by skar578; 10-06-2007 at 20:26.

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    i have very limited experience w/ under quilts, so the others can tell you more.
    but just a thought... all those attachments may not be necessary. i believe that usually there is one attachment at each of the four corners of the under quilt.
    when they are pulled toward the hammock supports, the sides of the under quilt will be drawn up against the top edge of the hammock with out the extra ties.
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

alright, i was looking at the speer snugfit and got the idea from the universal model. My uq would be synthetic (for a number of reasons) and i was thinking that way it wouldn't have to be rectangular. i would maybe put 3 sets on a side to help keep the sides up, even without the drawcords at the corners.

Images
    My Clark NA has three small webbing loops on each side already. I'm not sure what they are for, but I'm sure I could use them for an underquilt.

• + New Posts