Tarp
    JRB11x10 Z-P cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti JRB WestMtg
    Suspension
    webbing, Dutchclip
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Iafte View Post
    There was like a 10% chance of rain the whole weekend, the only reason I had the tarp up was because the acorns were falling all over the place.
    Nothing like getting woken up by an acorn hitting your tarp right in front of your face.
    Plus there were other things falling that sounded like cannonballs! I was thankful to have my tarp up!

Thanks for the pics, Iafte. I didn't take any so it's great to see yours!

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Also posted in the MAHHA campout thread. 39 more pics here.

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
    - John Burroughs

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images

Am I Reading This Right?

I was looking through NCPatrick's photos, which are great BTW, when I saw this photo:

http://picasaweb.google.com/brownpat...27027162819250

It lists the JRB Tarp tent at 4lb 12oz . That's crazy heavy. This looks like the long, narrow tarp tent (the gray/maroon one in Patrick's pics) not the 8x8 version I have been waiting for .

I was really wanting to get one of the tarp tents based the 8x8 tarp. Did anyone who attended the camp out notice the weight for the 8x8 tarp tent? Seems like at the Mt. Rogers camp out Pan said the prototype 8x8 TT weight somewhere between the 1.5-2 lb range. That's just a few more ounces than my 12x10 cat cut tarp so I could justify the extra weight. If it is over the 2lb mark I will have to think twice about getting one which would break my heart cause I love that 8x8 TT.
    Last edited by headchange4u; 10-09-2007 at 11:15.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Headchange, that was the weight for the bigger, maroon tarp tent. It wasn't made of sil, and was bigger than the other.

Pan told me the weight of the 8x8 but I immediately forgot what he said (Doh!) . I do recall that it was more in line with what he told you before. When he gets back from his hike, he can tell you the details.

BTW, the new sil colors are very cool, and the 8x8 tarp tent will be made with one of those 2 new colors of sil: brown or green (as seen in the 10x11 tarp over DGrav in one of those photos.)

I'm with you in wanting one asap!

- Mark Twain
    - John Burroughs

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NCPatrick View Post
    Headchange, that was the weight for the bigger, maroon tarp tent. It wasn't made of sil, and was bigger than the other.

Pan told me the weight of the 8x8 but I immediately forgot what he said (Doh!) . I do recall that it was more in line with what he told you before. When he gets back from his hike, he can tell you the details.

BTW, the new sil colors are very cool, and the 8x8 tarp tent will be made with one of those 2 new colors of sil: brown or green (as seen in the 10x11 tarp over DGrav in one of those photos.)

I'm with you in wanting one asap!

The weight on the 8x8 tent in silnyl is 28 oz....probably in the moos green.

We may do the 11x10 cat tarp in either color option moss green or cat tail brown

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by headchange4u View Post
    I was looking through NCPatrick's photos, which are great BTW, when I saw this photo:

http://picasaweb.google.com/brownpat...27027162819250

It lists the JRB Tarp tent at 4lb 12oz . That's crazy heavy. This looks like the long, narrow tarp tent (the gray/maroon one in Patrick's pics) not the 8x8 version I have been waiting for .

I was really wanting to get one of the tarp tents based the 8x8 tarp. Did anyone who attended the camp out notice the weight for the 8x8 tarp tent? Seems like at the Mt. Rogers camp out Pan said the prototype 8x8 TT weight somewhere between the 1.5-2 lb range. That's just a few more ounces than my 12x10 cat cut tarp so I could justify the extra weight. If it is over the 2lb mark I will have to think twice about getting one which would break my heart cause I love that 8x8 TT.
    This prototype is in the old green color.... production runs will be moss green ( read olive drab)

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyCamper View Post
    Plus there were other things falling that sounded like cannonballs! I was thankful to have my tarp up!

Thanks for the pics, Iafte. I didn't take any so it's great to see yours!
    The woodland large caliber artillery was hickory nuts falling.

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter_pan View Post

We may do the 11x10 cat tarp in either color option moss green or cat tail brown

Pan

28oz. I'm still in for one!!! Where do I order
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter_pan View Post

Pan
    I stand corrected.

- Mark Twain
    - John Burroughs

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    Okay Pan, one more question and then I will shut up.

The version in Patrick's pics looks like the whole TT is made from the same material. Silnylon maybe? The prototype you had at Mt Rogers had a a silnylon top and DWR nylon sides if I remember correctly. What material(s) will the final production model be made of

www.meancatcoffee.com

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast