WarbonnetBlackbird
    Tarp
    Olive Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubat Dempsey TQ
    Suspension
    Stock Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    Wait. You heard about hammockforums on ZombieHunters.org What, exactly, is the connection between zombies and hammocks?
    That's the fun thing about the internet...everything is not always as it seems.

ZombieHunters.org is more of a preparedness information (and gear geeks). I guess the saying goes, "if you're prepared for Zombie Apocalypse then you're prepared for anything". And, as it turns out, a few members there happen to be members here, and use hammocks as part of the Bug-Out-Bags (which is partially my intention as well). There are some members who have learned how to sew (sorry, thread inject) to make more than just hammocks. And being gear geeks, that all works out!

My goals are to get out and camp more, and learn to camp *lighter*. Most of my friends bring half their house with them. I'd like to be able to just bring one pack, and have everything I need for a long weekend. I think hanging is going to be part of that plan.

Hammock
    ENO, HH ULB, WBBB, GT
    Tarp
    WBSuperfly
    Insulation
    AHELR,Agnes,WInCub
    Suspension
    Cinch,Tglides,Whoo

Lonely Raven

Quote Originally Posted by Lonely Raven View Post
    You ASSume quite a bit. Re-read my first post in this thread.
    You're the one that asked for assistance on this Introduction thread.

You are unkind to those that try to help you and will continue to hang alone, Lonely Raven, the zombie hunter. The lonely Zombie hunter. Shoulda been our first clue.
    Last edited by coolkayaker1; 07-28-2010 at 11:21.

Hammock
    WarbonnetBlackbird
    Tarp
    Olive Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubat Dempsey TQ
    Suspension
    Stock Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkayaker1 View Post
    You're the one that asked for assistance on this Introduction thread.

You are unkind to those that try to help you and will continue to hang alone, Lonely Raven, the zombie hunter. The lonely Zombie hunter. Shoulda been our first clue.
    Ha-ha, A little touchy there?

Nah, this is just the internet, I wouldn't sweat it if I were you. I sure don't

I was just being specific. I have a budget of $200 for the hammock, I want a really nice hammock so I'm not left wanting. I'm going to DIY a tarp, and I'll budget for extra little things here and there as I can afford to.

What I don't need, is someone trying to make it sound like I'm retarded for not following their guidance. Just because *you* think your advice is golden, doesn't mean it's right for me. But I did take it into consideration, and a Hennessy is a GREAT backup plan if I can't get a WBBB in time. I still want the Blackbird, and that's where I've set my sights for now.
    Last edited by Lonely Raven; 07-28-2010 at 11:39.

Hammock
    ENO, HH ULB, WBBB, GT
    Tarp
    WBSuperfly
    Insulation
    AHELR,Agnes,WInCub
    Suspension
    Cinch,Tglides,Whoo

Lonely Zombie Hunter

I re-read your initial post and other posts as you suggested. You're right in your way of thinking; you're over the weight limit of the Hennessey.

Hammock
    warbonnet blackbird, eno doublenest
    Tarp
    oes,warbonnet
    Insulation
    yeti/incubator
    Suspension
    whoopie sling AHE
    guys, we all have opinions some good some great, i had posted earlier hoping others who read it would pick up on the fact that 200.00 was the target for a hammock as he stated he was going to try diy on the tarp, the switchback looks awesome and is going to be a future purchase of mine give that a look as well. i love my bb and no its not for sale, my daughters love thier hennessey scouts once the zipper mod was done on them, just to say everyone has a preferance to what works for them, they had eno's loved them too but no bug netting. i hope the feathers have smoothed out hyoh.

keep on hanging in the free world..............while its still free
    i do not remember the question, however i believe beer is the answer

Hammock
    WarbonnetBlackbird
    Tarp
    Olive Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubat Dempsey TQ
    Suspension
    Stock Webbing
    Thanks for the suggestions all!

I finally got to watch Shug's video's with sound (at home, not at work where I'm not supposed to be shopping for hammock stuff ). What a wealth of information! And small world, I have a friend who used to do performance arts (juggling/yo-yoing up in his neck of the woods, so I may have even seen Shug on stage at one time! Those are some great videos since most of my questions are cold weather questions, and it helped me feel like I'm on track with the tarp plan I have in my head, since it's basically what Shug made. Good stuff!

I got my order in on my Blackbird last night, Brandon said there is a good chance I could get it by Labor day, so that's all comming together like I hoped...I just need to put an order in on grosgrain and shock-cord and D rings and all the little details to finish up the the tarp (material showing up on Monday I believe).

So with all that planned out, and after watching Shugs videos, I'm starting to plan ahead for winter hanging.

It looks like if we have a hang over Labor Day, I could very well be ready by then!

Oh, and that Green Valley camp ground in Naperville sounds like a great place to hang. I had a friend who was a Girl Scout leader who took her troops there several times a year, and really liked it. It's not far from anything, but it's big enough to feel like you're really in the wilderness.
    Last edited by Lonely Raven; 08-03-2010 at 16:32.

Hammock
    warbonnet blackbird, eno doublenest
    Tarp
    oes,warbonnet
    Insulation
    yeti/incubator
    Suspension
    whoopie sling AHE
    sounds like maybe we need to get some reservationsif needed to this place for a labor day hang???
    i do not remember the question, however i believe beer is the answer

Hammock
    WarbonnetBlackbird
    Tarp
    Olive Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubat Dempsey TQ
    Suspension
    Stock Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by kayaknut01 View Post
    sounds like maybe we need to get some reservationsif needed to this place for a labor day hang???
    I'll call. I'm not sure how to get a hold of them, but I'll figure it out tomorrow.

Hammock
    WarbonnetBlackbird
    Tarp
    Olive Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubat Dempsey TQ
    Suspension
    Stock Webbing
    So it looks like the Green Valley campground is only for recognized nonprofit organizations.

http://www.dupageforest.com/Recreati...s/Camping.html

I'm going to keep looking and see if there is a cheap/free hanging grounds that is still centrally located.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234