(My first post so don't slag me too badly...a little is probably in order though)

I have been looking at getting a "chair" for day/overnight and weekend hikes and came across the Hexalite PowerLounger by Crazy Creek. Looks interesting although a bit weighty @ 21.6oz.

As soon as Warbonnet reopens I expect to put a BB 1.7 2 layer on order. I was thinking that the PowerLounger might make a decent pad between the layers. I have some reservations because there are some hard plastic connectors and (I presume) some stays in the seat and back as stiffeners that may damage the fabric of the hammock. Hard to tell from the photos but the back support looks like it could be great or totally useless (depending on if it stays firm and upright). Does anyone have insite on this "chair" or used it as a hammock pad this way?

THEN I came across Arrowhead Equip's. Bushman Hammock Chair. It looks ALOT more comfortable - It's MUCH lighter and cheaper. There is a bit more setup. Do you think the better purchase would be the Bushman Chair and a light, inexpensive pad (without risk of damaging the hammock) and just carry both when I want to tote a chair.

Thanks - Oh, and which style Bushman chair is better, the smaller or larger version?

Thanks again,
Tom