I'm a newby to the Hammock world, and recently I have been looking into purchasing the ENO singlenest, as I want something different than my dads HH (He is new as well to Hammocks and has only used his HH once so far).

I have read all about the stretching on the Slap Straps, which I guess probably wouldn't be too much of a problem for me as I'm 5'8" and only 140 lbs. But I was browsing the forums and found the link to this site and found these and was wondering if this could be a possible setup? and which material would be best for stretch free. http://www.strapworks.com/Strapworks...ling_s/174.htm

Also what about a 550 cord setup? I know it's nylon so I'm guessing it would stretch a bit too?

Aside from that I had been looking around for a bugnet aside from the ENO gaurdian since it seems to be a heavier option, which doesn't fully matter to me since I'm not really a gram counting backpacker but the primary use will be backpacking. I guess any lightweight hammock-compatible net will do?

I figured I might just purchase the OneLink system for everything to try out and upgrade to a better tarp later. This way I get everything I need for a first time hammock use and then can better learn how to reduce the weight on it and further mod and whatnot to my preferences.

Anyways I was just wondering if this sounds like a good start to the hammock world?

Thanks!
Very informational and helpful forum by the way!