Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hammock
    Claytor Jungle
    Tarp
    Claytor tarp
    Just tell them that you got used to sleeping in hammocks during your years volunteering in the Congo

Hammock
    Clark NX-200
    Tarp
    Clark XL-Fly
    Insulation
    KAQ NR UQ/AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Strap/cinch buckle
    Adiankur:
    Check out this thread on the stand that I built for my daughter: http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=18967.

As far as #3: have you thought about a stand and a "hammock chair" as an alternative to the hammock for your mother.

As far as #4: I thought that this type of woman was a myth, like the majestic unicorn, the easy tax form or the honest politician.............and then I met the woman that I am seeing now. We met at a hang, she thought I was nuts, then she tried the hammock out. She now has her own and is planning trips for us in the fall. They do exist but they are few and far between!!!!!!!!!!
    Par Si Vis Pace Para Bellum

Nonamesleft47:
    My guess is they would respond something like this, "feel free to sleep in one again, next time you visit the Congo."

Quote Originally Posted by bigbamaguy View Post
    Adiankur:
    Check out this thread on the stand that I built for my daughter: http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=18967.

As far as #3: have you thought about a stand and a "hammock chair" as an alternative to the hammock for your mother.

As far as #4: I thought that this type of woman was a myth, like the majestic unicorn, the easy tax form or the honest politician.............and then I met the woman that I am seeing now. We met at a hang, she thought I was nuts, then she tried the hammock out. She now has her own and is planning trips for us in the fall. They do exist but they are few and far between!!!!!!!!!!
    I like your stand. I'm guessing the stand is going to be massive if it would hold a 13' Mayan Hammock. I like the vertical posts with the bracing running the length of it. With 4x4's, it should be capable of holding a lot of weight.

I am considering a hammock chair for her, with a stand. I have been getting my hammocks from seaside hammocks, and they are out of stands. Unfortunately, most of the stands are limited as to how much weight they can handle. 300 pound weight limit may sound like a lot, but it makes me nervous. 300 pounds of static weight in a stand doesn't give a lot of wiggle room.

I would still love to get her to sleep in one. She has a lot of pain, and I think a nice Mayan would relieve some of that. The only problem is that she would need a stand, the hammock would need to be near a wall and she would need a grab bar to get out. that will go on the back burner.

Hammock
    Grand Trunk Ultra Light
    Tarp
    Guide Gear 12 x 12
    Post some pics when you have your set up complete.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12