TBD
    Insulation
    Rab Quantum
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumbleweed View Post
    Hi Guys,
    I will not be attending this Sylvania Hiking/Hanging event as my wife had a right side hemicolonectomy today and has stage 4 adenocarcinoma ( the big C), along with something called pericarcinomatosis. Noy good. Hope to see pics here though. Regards, Tumbleweed
    My best wishes and prayers for you and your wife and family! Hope to still hang with you some day.

Quote Originally Posted by MarshLaw303 View Post
    you are allowed to have barbed hooks in your box. The only ones that have to be barbless are the ones on the end of your line. I confirmed this twice this season. Also be aware that they don't want any scented bait like gulp or yum used. It is very hard to find a nice plastic worm that isn't scented so i used my least scented stuff and did very well with zoom fish dr in pumpkin. Many 17"+ with a few 19"+ smallies by just Carolina rigging it on the bottom in 10-20'. Fish will be shallower now 5-10' more likely with the big ones still deeper most of the day. I also did well on small beaver style baits texas or carolina rigged. Everything was right off the bottom, but that was a few weeks back now.

Clark lake has the best structure with 2 rocky islands and many rocky points on the east shore. After the 2nd island there is a rocky flat with good depth and drops offs on the east shore that holds tons of 19" smallies. I know i put at lease 3 back there and many more 17-18"

So wish i could join you guys but hope you have a great trip. I would really appreciate a report with fishing info. Also, if just for fishing don't bother with High or Crooked for smallies, flat sandy bottoms with bowl shape. Minimal structure so you resort to fishing laydowns which just produce dinks. Stick to the deep rocks and kill um for me (i mean don't kill um cause i want to catch them next year)

-Tim
    Thanks for the tips! I've never really fished for smallies before. Largemouth had always been my primary target, but I imagine small mouth bass are not TOO different. Did all my fishing back when I lived in Texas. Since coming to WI I have only been on ONE fishing trip, and that was up into Canada for a week of nailing Walleyes and Northern. It was a great experience, though very different than fishing bass in the south. Absolutely stunning scenery up there though!
    "I know the feeling - It is the real thing - You can't refuse the embrace!" | "Go n-éirí an bóthar leat."

Hammock
    HH UExpl; WBBB; JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    CCS; HH Hex; WB Su
    Insulation
    MW-3, Sierra Sniv
    Suspension
    Woopie, Dutch Clip

Arrow

Bump...

Only 9 days to go!

(I really need a vacation with adults.)
    Not all who wander are lost.

Hammock
    HH UExpl; WBBB; JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    CCS; HH Hex; WB Su
    Insulation
    MW-3, Sierra Sniv
    Suspension
    Woopie, Dutch Clip
    Does everybody who wishes to go have everything lined up (rides, canoes, etc)?

Do we have an updated head count? I think there is a limit of 6 per campsite. So we may need to secure 2 sites. I was thinking of Osprey (IIRC has 2 sites). If someone gets a site before I get there be sure to leave a note on the sign-up/registration board and Identify yourself as a HF member.

Hammock
    HH UExpl; WBBB; JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    CCS; HH Hex; WB Su
    Insulation
    MW-3, Sierra Sniv
    Suspension
    Woopie, Dutch Clip
    FYI:

I will be out of town this weekend. (Taking my wife on a date to the Packer game in GB. She got box seat tickets for her early medical retirement gift from co-workers. She's a real fan. I'm a fan if they're winning.)

I'll be back to check posts early next week before leaving for a medical education conference, and then on to Sylvania.

Otherwise, we meet somewhere on the water.

Hammock
    Homemade
    Tarp
    TBD
    Insulation
    Rab Quantum
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by canoeski View Post
    Bump...

Only 9 days to go!

(I really need a vacation with adults.)
    Vacation time, I hear that!

Does everybody who wishes to go have everything lined up (rides, canoes, etc)?

Do we have an updated head count? I think there is a limit of 6 per campsite. So we may need to secure 2 sites. I was thinking of Osprey (IIRC has 2 sites). If someone gets a site before I get there be sure to leave a note on the sign-up/registration board and Identify yourself as a HF member.
    Still looking like four YES and several MAYBE.

Will do. I'll be arriving with Wanderlust sometime Thursday night, but we'll most likely just find some trees to stealth in for the night, and then go on in the morning to the sites. We'll leave a note if possible. I'll also PM you my cell #. Not sure how the cell reception is up there, but just in case...

FYI:

I will be out of town this weekend. (Taking my wife on a date to the Packer game in GB. She got box seat tickets for her early medical retirement gift from co-workers. She's a real fan. I'm a fan if they're winning.)

I'll be back to check posts early next week before leaving for a medical education conference, and then on to Sylvania.

Otherwise, we meet somewhere on the water.
    Enjoy the game! My first ever pro football game was at Lambeau last year, and that was quite an experience. Some serious history around there.
    "I know the feeling - It is the real thing - You can't refuse the embrace!" | "Go n-éirí an bóthar leat."

Hammock
    BIAS
    Tarp
    Hammockgear cuban
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Sorry guys I really want to go but I can't get out of work this time. I've had to rearrange jobs the last month for other things and can't postpone anymore. So count me out.

Hammock
    Homemade
    Tarp
    TBD
    Insulation
    Rab Quantum
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Sorry to hear that Snipen!

Ten day forecast is looking good so far. Highs around 60, lows around 40.

FYI, Loon Lake has three "two-site" options. Osprey, Eagle and Mallard.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    Claytor
    Tarp
    MacCat delux Spinn
    Insulation
    CCF and Quilts
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    Images
    have fun all. I will be also be canoeing and hanging up in the St Regis Canoe wilderness in the Adirondacks.

Hammock
    HH UExpl; WBBB; JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    CCS; HH Hex; WB Su
    Insulation
    MW-3, Sierra Sniv
    Suspension
    Woopie, Dutch Clip
    Quote Originally Posted by Snipen View Post
    Sorry guys I really want to go but I can't get out of work this time. I've had to rearrange jobs the last month for other things and can't postpone anymore. So count me out.
    Sorry you can't make it Snipen. It was nice to meet you on the Northern Hang.
    It sounds like Kayaknut has a new job and though to get away.

I may be there late Thurs or early Fri if I play hookie. May just hang in the parking lot or at one of the eastern hiking trail heads.

Do leave a message on the sign in/ info board (if it's still there).
    I'm targeting for Osprey so we get the morning sun.

Hammock
    Homemade
    Tarp
    TBD
    Insulation
    Rab Quantum
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    I can already smell the woods in my mind!

OK, if we get there first we'll try for Osprey.

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast