Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images

OverCover Question

I've been bit kinda hard by the DIY bug the past week or so.

I'm thinkin of an overcover for the Warbonnet (don't need it, but it sounds like fun ). My question is: how does it connect on the Hennessy? Does it tie into the undercover or what? Anybody have pictures? I poked around the gallery and didn't see any.

Please help enable my addiction.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Headchange4u made one last year for his HH clone. He used zippers for his. Otherwise, you may have to go to the Hennessy website to see how theirs connects.

My .02

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
    - John Burroughs

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    So he put a zipper on the hammock body? I assume he would use this for both the bugnet in summer and the overcover in winter.

Really don't want to put a zipper on the hammock. There MUST be a way other than velcro.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Yep, that's what he did. Surely there's some info on the Hennessy website about their supershelter overcover thingy... whatever it's called...

- Mark Twain
    - John Burroughs

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Here's the thing I'm talking about from the HH website page.

The OverCover WEIGHT: 3 oz.
    Originally the OverCover was offered as an optional accessory because only a small percentage of campers will be spending time camping in dry, subfreezing temperatures. However,some reports are coming in saying that the OverCover is being used in above freezing temperatures with great satisfaction as it keeps interior temmperatures about 10 degrees warmer inside the hammock enclosure with noticably reduced condensation.

INSTALLING OVERCOVER The OverCover is placed over the hammock netting with the air hole at the head end of the hammock. The OverCover is secured under the perimeter of the UnderCover. To install the OverCover, thread the elastics at each end of the OverCover through the holes at each end of the UnderCover and hang elastics onto the hook of the fly tensioner. Next, thread the hammock side elastics through the side openings on the OverCover. If the UnderCover is already installed, make sure the side elastic is threaded through the Over Cover first and then the UnderCover. Fresh air is available through the air hole near the occupant's face. Changing position in the hammock acts as a bellows and automatically pumps fresh air through the air hole. Condensation which may form on the inside of the breathable OverCover will be absorbed and will wick through the uncoated fabric and evaporate through the dry air moving between the OverCover and the rainfly. The OverCover may also be released on one side and the loose half can be tucked between the netting and the OverCover on the opposite side to expose half of the netting and still block the wind from one side.

- Mark Twain
    - John Burroughs

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    I don't know why I couldn't find it earlier, but I just located the video on the HH site. It's actually pretty simple; four tie-out points. Two attach to the suspension and two attach to the tie-outs. Looks like they use shock cord for the attachments.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WB Big MJ
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, HR & MW4
    Images
    My HH overcover has no shock cords. The OC fabric is stitched into a cone on either end to pass the hammock support lines through. There are 2 loops that the side tie-outs pass through.

I would have preferred some way to remove the OC without having to untie the hammock support lines, like maybe a shoelace arrangement to do the end cones, but I guess Tom was all about minimizing weight.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8rs_dad View Post
    I would have preferred some way to remove the OC without having to untie the hammock support lines, like maybe a shoelace arrangement to do the end cones, but I guess Tom was all about minimizing weight.
    I'm thinking those little tarp clips on the hammock ends that nobody uses would be a good way to attach without undoing the lines.

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    I also made a over cover (or top cover as I call it) for my HH UBLA. It's a pretty easy project that gives you great benefits. The one for my HH is basically a asym shaped piece of untreated 1.9oz ripstop. It has a shock cord perimeter and just basically attaches to the head and foot of the hammock, the side tie outs pass through the sides of the cover, and everything adjust with some cord locks.

Here is the original thread on the construction.

My HH clone has a cover shaped just like the bug net but is made from 1.9oz ripstop. In the colder months you simply unzip the bug netting and zip on the top cover.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Images
    I like the idea of a two-part system like I think HC4U described.

Basically as I understand it, its a sockpod cover for the top part only. You clould make a similar under part much like the underquilts and have part of a versatile "multisystem".

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast