Tarp
    JRB 10x11
    Insulation
    JRB down quilts
    Suspension
    JRB straps

Another Coloradan here!

Greetings!

My name is Daniel and I've been enjoying a Jacks R Better BMB for a few years now, although I definitely don't get out as much as I would like. The fact that I choose not to own a car and get around by bike and public transportation may have something to do with that. I'm currently finishing up my Masters at Denver Seminary, which leaves me located in Littleton currently, but I'm hoping to move closer to Denver once I graduate next year.

I would love to eventually do some bike touring, but I don't think I have the time, money and fitness level to do that! I'm not sure I'm quite brave enough to do it on my own anyway.

I'm hoping to get another hammock of the non-suspension variety (ENO DoubleNest, Trek Light, etc.) to use as a bed at my parents house, and for a different camping experience once in awhile. I'm not sure what kind I will end up getting but I'm definitely open to opinions!

I definitely would love to get out camping more, and eventually do some backpacking, so I'm hoping I might be able to make a few new friends here in Colorado.

Peace!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    Welcome to Hammock Forums. I relocated to CO at the beginning of the year, and have been loving it. Lots to do in the great outdoors here. Some of us are trying to arrange a paddling hammock hang sometime soon - hopefully paddle out onto an island in a lake and hang our hammocks up there. If you can arrange transportation and to share a boat, you should join us. The little bit of discussion that's been done was over in the trip planning forum.
    Last edited by Mustardman; 08-01-2010 at 11:59.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Leigh's UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Treestrap
    Welcome to the forums. Life is to short to let fear or apprehension keep you from enjoying backpacking, camping and bike touring. Get yourself out there and do it.
    Terry

Welcome to HF!

Hammock
    Clark NX-200
    Tarp
    Clark XL-Fly
    Insulation
    KAQ NR UQ/AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Strap/cinch buckle
    Welcome to HF and I highly recommend the ENO DN, can't go wrong with it.
    Par Si Vis Pace Para Bellum

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Welcome to HF - there is a growing handful of folks from Colorado here, and we're starting to get together more often. Hopefully you can make some of them!

As an aside, it was 80F here yesterday as I looked up at the snow on Pikes Peak. Not much hanging up there, though...
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    As an aside, it was 80F here yesterday as I looked up at the snow on Pikes Peak. Not much hanging up there, though...
    I keep thinking about all the bouldering areas above treeline on Mt. Evans - I'm willing to bet I could find a place to hang a hammock between two boulders, if I brought some climbing gear with me....

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Probably...you should do that just for the pictures you'd get out of it!
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    JRB BMB @ camp, Brazilian @ home
    Tarp
    JRB 10x11
    Insulation
    JRB down quilts
    Suspension
    JRB straps
    Yeah, I was out at Twin Lakes (between Leadville and Buena Vista) this last weekend with my parents. It was grand hanging out there. It was a real bummer coming back to 80+ weather.

I definitely hope I can make it out to one of the meet ups. It was actually reading about the last two on Jeff's page that got me over here.

I'm rather used to being an odd one (refusing to have a car, refusing to sleep on the ground) but it's always nice to find some kindred souls. I know I have plenty to learn too!

• + New Posts