very pleased with my new nx150

i received my nx150 on the 8th of july but i havent had a chance to report on it because i have been to busy camping with it.
    i love this hammock its worth every penny. i think clark could come up with something better for pole storage/size but they fit fine in my huge frame backpack and after a week long canoe trek never lost any so i cant complain too much.

all the pockets are wonderful. i use them all the time. the inside pockets keep my flashlight and my tissues from getting lost and the outside ones are super nice for extra clothes. its nice to be able to shed/add layers and just reach your hand under the hammock and store them.

the hammock is also warm. i spent a week canoeing 80 miles on the Adirondack lakes and even with temps into the 50's i was warm sleeping in boxers with only my down kelty 35 degree semi rectangular bag over me. i brought my thermarest but never had to use it, nor did i even have to zip up my weather shield. even with the wind coming off the lake the pockets with my extra clothes in them kept my back warm .

here are some pics of the hammock, i will be posting a trip report in another thread with more pictures.

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Looks like a nice trip on the water. I like the built in storage the Clark has. Looks roomy.
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Nice to see it in use. I have been reading about nx-150 and plan on getting one. I have been concerned about the warmth. Good to hear it worked for you. Do you find issue with extra weight in pockets pulling on the sleeping area?

Hammock
    BB1.0 double
    Tarp
    Hybrid Cuben F.
    Insulation
    Down & IX
    Suspension
    BB straps,whoopies
    I'm not crazy about how in your pictures the no-see-um is draped down. Does this move upwards when you get inside the hammock or does it remain like it shows in the pictures??

Nice camp site right there on the water!!! It's amazing how much gear you can tote on a canoe trip. I use a 14' sea kayak (Impex - Mystic) which still holds quite a bit of gear for my paddling/camping trips. I can't carry cast iron dutch ovens, but the canoes can!!!

You're supposed to hang it with the noseeum loose. It tightens up when you're inside. It's so roomy I can sit up in my 250. It really is like a tent, but comfortable and dry.

Hammock
    Clark TX 250
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    straps
    I'll second that, G. Looks like its hung just right, by the instructions, and my experience. A tad bit of sag, and it tightens up in use. BTW---Love the pix. Thanky.

• + New Posts