Warbonnet BB DL 1.1 & Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Black MacCat Del.
    Insulation
    Yeti 3,4 & HRQ/HGB
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopie
    Images
    Nice trip report. There's something very cute about a little guy putting up his hammock, don't tell him i said cute tho. I like the knife and your set up. Thanks for sharing.
    " The mind creates the abyss, the heart crosses it."

“The measure of your life will not be in what you accumulate, but in what you give away.” ~Wayne Dyer

www.birchsidecustomwoodwork.com

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Theladon View Post
    Very much into bushcraft.
    Me too, if you haven't guessed it :-)

If you look at the last pic or on top of the pack you'll see the leather shirt that go with the pants
    Looks really sturdy as well.. I have been looking into some similar Härkila clothing, but it's so **** expensive! Didn't think about the need for greasing them up once in a while though - DOH!
    How often do you treat it?

The backpack, well, to be honest i dont know the make and model. It's like a Berghaus rocketpack, but smaller, just 60+10+10 liters. really sturdy pack bought at www.surplus.se as an italian army backpack. think it cost me about 400-450 swedish (about 60$) Has taken alot of abuse and still works fine.
    Looks great!
    I have been looking for a sturdy backpack for a while, and ended up ordering a Maxpedition Vulture II... a bit overprized (especially with nearly $50 shipping), but I'm simply addicted to the great quality of their products.

Forgot to ask you about the belt pouches ... make and model? and what do you keep in your possibles pouch?

Curious? Yes indeed!

/TheWild
    Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished...

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0 Dbl Coyote Brown
    Tarp
    Superfly, MacCat
    Insulation
    Leigh's 2/3UQ,Yeti
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Your son did a great job on his knife and sheath. I enjoyed reading your trip report. Those leather pants are interesting. Do you wear anything under them, or just the leather against your skin? I'm wondering how that would feel in the high humidity we normally have. Are they heavy?

I ate some lingonberry crepes the other day. Mmm-mmm, those are good. Do those grow wild in the forests near you? Lingonberries, that is. I know crepe trees only grow on Tristan da Cunha.

Salty

Hammock
    Clark North American
    Tarp
    Equinox 10 X 12
    Insulation
    DIY 3 season UQ
    Realy enjoyed your trip report. I have 2 sons (all grown up now and moved on) and these reports always remind me of many hikes and camping that we did together. You are teaching a love for the outdoors that your boy will have for the rest of his life!!
    "Sometimes only nature felt real, while all human monuments and actions seemed to be the settings and the plots of dreams"

"So many people live in the past or the future and betray the present."

Hammock
    DD Travel Hammock
    Tarp
    DD Tarp
    Insulation
    Modified foam pad
    Suspension
    DD standard
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWild View Post
    Me too, if you haven't guessed it :-)

Looks really sturdy as well.. I have been looking into some similar Härkila clothing, but it's so **** expensive! Didn't think about the need for greasing them up once in a while though - DOH!
    How often do you treat it?

Looks great!
    I have been looking for a sturdy backpack for a while, and ended up ordering a Maxpedition Vulture II... a bit overprized (especially with nearly $50 shipping), but I'm simply addicted to the great quality of their products.

Forgot to ask you about the belt pouches ... make and model? and what do you keep in your possibles pouch?

Curious? Yes indeed!

/TheWild
    How often i treat the leather stuff depends on how often i use it, hard to describe, but you get kind of a feel for when you need to treat it.
    If you test it with a few drops of water it should just run off.
    And the shoulders and knees and so on generally need a bit more.

Yup, lovemaxpedition too, so the pouches are ofcourse, maxpedition..

I use a double mag holder for a swisstool, ledlight, firesteel and sharpener.
    On the left side i got a H1 Waistpack with a bunch of other usefull stuff, like cigarettes.. But also compass and and an extra blade, string and so on.
    Dont like to have to much stuff in the pockets.
    "Duct Tape is like the FORCE, It has a Light and Dark side and it holds the universe together"

Hammock
    DD Travel Hammock
    Tarp
    DD Tarp
    Insulation
    Modified foam pad
    Suspension
    DD standard
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post
    Your son did a great job on his knife and sheath. I enjoyed reading your trip report. Those leather pants are interesting. Do you wear anything under them, or just the leather against your skin? I'm wondering how that would feel in the high humidity we normally have. Are they heavy?

I ate some lingonberry crepes the other day. Mmm-mmm, those are good. Do those grow wild in the forests near you? Lingonberries, that is. I know crepe trees only grow on Tristan da Cunha.

Salty
    The pants are lined with something that feels like silk, bit probably is some nylon material. The lining is removable and washable, wich is great since you cant really chuck the pants in the machine.
    If its a bit colder outside i usually use some kind of long merino wool underwear, with a similar sweater. unbeatable for keeping you warm and dry.
    The clothes seem to breath reasonably well, not like cotton, but i never felt clammy in them. the lining probably helps with this too.
    They are a bit heavy, but not extremely. As you se in the pics i use suspenders, but that is more because the lining is so **** slippery, and because of all the bloody junk i lug around..

Lingonberrys, yes we have quite alot of them around here, not just yet tho, more blueberrys and mushroms now. And the best thing is that here in sweden they are free for picking everywhere, as long as you dont pick them in somebodys garden..
    "Duct Tape is like the FORCE, It has a Light and Dark side and it holds the universe together"

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    How often i treat the leather stuff depends on how often i use it, hard to describe, but you get kind of a feel for when you need to treat it.
    The work load of treating them doesn't sound too bad Think I'll look into the Härkila clothing once I get the funds.

On the left side i got a H1 Waistpack
    Yeah, should have recognized the M-1 waistpack.. I've visited Maxpeditions website SO many times, that I should know their entire product range by now

I actually thought the M-1 was a lot bigger, so I opted to buy the Anemone pouch instead. By the look of your pic, the M-1 is actually the exact size I was looking for back then. I've come to love the Anemone Pouch now, so I think I'll stick to that one for now

Dont like to have to much stuff in the pockets.
    Me neither.... I grew tired of having to go through the "endless" row of pockets when I had to find something. I've since minimized the amount of gear that I lug around, and now keep a few essential items in my Anemone - and a Garmin GPS in another belt pouch (Maxpedition as well )

Thanks for a great thread! Highly informative for a gear junkie like myself

/TheWild

Hammock
    DD Travel Hammock
    Tarp
    DD Tarp
    Insulation
    Modified foam pad
    Suspension
    DD standard
    Not M-1 its the H-1 its a bit different, check their homepage and you'll see.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Not M-1 its the H-1 its a bit different, check their homepage and you'll see.
    Yes of course...there's a slight difference there - my bad!
    Both very cool pouches though

I could spend a fortune on Maxpedition products, if only the wife would let me

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12