Tarp
    OES MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    3S CrowsNest DIYTQ
    Suspension
    Webbing/DC/WS
    Images

WB Bugnet

I recently bought an ENO guardian bug net from Amazon. I'm thinking of sending it back for one reason only...the vertical zipper makes it so you can't shove it out of the way easily to use the hammock as a camp chair. Does the WB Bug Net allow this? Or is there a mod or other option my newbness is missing? Thanks!
    -->dvis.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl; Nano 7
    Tarp
    Flat 8x10
    Insulation
    Yeti; CCF
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by dvisic View Post
    I recently bought an ENO guardian bug net from Amazon. I'm thinking of sending it back for one reason only...the vertical zipper makes it so you can't shove it out of the way easily to use the hammock as a camp chair. Does the WB Bug Net allow this? Or is there a mod or other option my newbness is missing? Thanks!
    Can't you just undo one end and slide the whole thing to the other end? Also, while it's at the other end can you just stuff the hanging parts back into the stuff sack and just let it hang there until you're ready to use it again? I think that I'm going to try it after work on my Nano to see if what seems to work in my head will work in real life. So far the only part that would still be a chore is the need to empty the hammock of it's contents first otherwise it won't fit through the opening at the ends of the net. OK well, I'll post my results unless someone has the right solution. Long term I would like to mod the Bug Guardian into a mosquito sock. It should shave a ton of weight but I don't have a sewing machine and if I did I'd need to learn how to use it....

Hammock
    nano hammock w/ridge
    Tarp
    wb spinn edge
    Insulation
    yeti & jrb torso
    Suspension
    whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by Liv2Ride View Post
    Can't you just undo one end and slide the whole thing to the other end? Also, while it's at the other end can you just stuff the hanging parts back into the stuff sack and just let it hang there until you're ready to use it again? I think that I'm going to try it after work on my Nano to see if what seems to work in my head will work in real life. So far the only part that would still be a chore is the need to empty the hammock of it's contents first otherwise it won't fit through the opening at the ends of the net. OK well, I'll post my results unless someone has the right solution. Long term I would like to mod the Bug Guardian into a mosquito sock. It should shave a ton of weight but I don't have a sewing machine and if I did I'd need to learn how to use it....
    do a hear another vote for someone to manufacture an ultralight bug sock

Oak Ridge & Linville Gorge, North Carolina
    Hammock
    HHE, 2QZQ Mod4, Jerry 5 DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/SFly Camo
    Insulation
    HammockGear Prod.
    Suspension
    Use them all!
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dvisic View Post
    ..... Does the WB Bug Net allow this? Or is there a mod or other option my newbness is missing? Thanks!
    Absolutely it does ... the zipper is an arch ... fully unzipped it is completely accessible for sitting. Check out this video showing the newer WB Bugnet.

WARNING: Will discuss Rhurbarb Strawberry Pie and Livermush at random.

"A democracy is two wolves and a small lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." ... B.Franklin

Home of the Gorge Rats: Linville Gorge
    My Videos YouTube Channel
    Photo collections Flickr Photostream

Gorge Rat Productions On FaceBook

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl; Nano 7
    Tarp
    Flat 8x10
    Insulation
    Yeti; CCF
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
    do a hear another vote for someone to manufacture an ultralight bug sock
    Yes indeed. That would be very awesome. Then I STILL wouldn't need to know how to sew

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl; Nano 7
    Tarp
    Flat 8x10
    Insulation
    Yeti; CCF
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    OK, test over. It works exactly like I thought it would with the Nano. Since I just recently sold my HHULBA I can't test the concept on it. Though why would I since it has a net. Anyway...So, as long as you don't mind emptying out the hammock when you want to have the net completely out of the way than it's a super easy process to simply open one end and slide it all the way over to the other end and stuff all of the net in it's attached sack. Maybe with a really thick hammock it wouldn't work but it does work with the Nano-7.
    Last but not least, like Hawk said the new WB net seems to work without going through the hassle. And...it weighs less.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    3S CrowsNest DIYTQ
    Suspension
    Webbing/DC/WS
    Images
    It might be worth sending the ENO back, then. I think the sliding it over would be inconvenient...but I'll give it a test run on our next outing and then decide. We're going to hike the waterfall run along the Columbia River Gorge in a couple of days, camping for a night or two...so we'll see.

Thanks!
    -->dvis.

• + New Posts