Tarp
    Superfly, MacCat
    Insulation
    Leigh's 2/3UQ,Yeti
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mak52580 View Post
    Yeah, maybe mine wasn't a guide. Mine might have been sewn by the resident packmule.

I am still going back and forth on this though. I returned it, but may purchase it again. Even if there is a little leaking down, 14oz for a winter coat is really hard to beat. It is also about 5oz less than my REI Primaloft jacket. I may get it again, play around with it and if I don't like it, take it back after the winter... just need to make sure not to throw away the receipt.
    I did get the vest and not the coat. Just wanted to clarify that.

Salty

Hammock
    Mikey C. Custom Hammocks
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12x12
    Insulation
    Mikey C. Easy-Bake
    Images
    Order placed for the Downlight® Sweater Jacket. Thanks for the point.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl / Eno dbl
    Tarp
    Blackcat w/door
    Insulation
    crowsnest / yeti
    Images
    Noooo. There aren't any left in my size
    Everybody wang chung tonight!

Hammock
    Mikey C. Custom Hammocks
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12x12
    Insulation
    Mikey C. Easy-Bake
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Booya View Post
    Noooo. There aren't any left in my size
    No "Xtra Booya"?

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0 DL
    Tarp
    Guide Gear 12x12
    Suspension
    Biners & Webbing
    I just got mine today. XL Tall in Slate. Very soft and "poofy". One problem is that it's a smidgen shorter than I'd like (6'7") but for the price, I think I'll just make do. And with EB's guarantee, I feel pretty safe with the purchase. Thanks again, OP.

Oak Ridge & Linville Gorge, North Carolina
    Hammock
    HHE, 2QZQ Mod4, Jerry 5 DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/SFly Camo
    Insulation
    HammockGear Prod.
    Suspension
    Use them all!
    Images
    Another problem with this vest .. or any down vest ... fat boys look fatter

WARNING: Will discuss Rhurbarb Strawberry Pie and Livermush at random.

"A democracy is two wolves and a small lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." ... B.Franklin

Home of the Gorge Rats: Linville Gorge
    My Videos YouTube Channel
    Photo collections Flickr Photostream

Gorge Rat Productions On FaceBook

My L Tall vest and XL Tall jacket just arrived. Good designs, great workmanship, incredibly light, each has two good deep inside pockets (gloves, cap, whatever). Good product.
    I'm 6' with 35-36 sleeves but at Bauer the Tall turned out to be overkill; these are cut LOOOONNG; the Tall Large vest comes all the way to the bottom line of my jeans back pockets; standing it comes down below my butt. Jacket in XL is even longer, natch.
    I would exchange both these for Regular length, and also downsize the jacket to an L from an XL if I could, but they were already out of all other sizes when I ordered.

I know I can get a refund, but I hate to give up on these.
    Sounds like they still have sizes I want at other local stores (but not in my area).
    Do any of you Bauer-savvy regular buyers have any tips on getting Bauer to exchange these for other/comparable down vests when I call their 800#?

And thanks again, original poster, this was a great sale.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 Trpl
    Tarp
    ZPacks Cuben
    Insulation
    GoLite Ultra 20
    Suspension
    1/8" Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TravelPro View Post
    My L Tall vest and XL Tall jacket just arrived. Good designs, great workmanship, incredibly light, each has two good deep inside pockets (gloves, cap, whatever). Good product.
    I'm 6' with 35-36 sleeves but at Bauer the Tall turned out to be overkill; these are cut LOOOONNG; the Tall Large vest comes all the way to the bottom line of my jeans back pockets; standing it comes down below my butt. Jacket in XL is even longer, natch.
    I would exchange both these for Regular length, and also downsize the jacket to an L from an XL if I could, but they were already out of all other sizes when I ordered.

I know I can get a refund, but I hate to give up on these.
    Sounds like they still have sizes I want at other local stores (but not in my area).
    Do any of you Bauer-savvy regular buyers have any tips on getting Bauer to exchange these for other/comparable down vests when I call their 800#?

And thanks again, original poster, this was a great sale.
    You could check the local stores around here. I think Tysons MAY have had a Large in something left. There may be others. Also, I think there is an Eddie Bauer outlet in Leesburg... might be worth reaching out to them.

Also, I don't know if you called the corporate phone center, but they may either have some in stock or be able to check other stores nationwide to see if one is floating around in a store somewhere.

I actually went to Tysons tonight and called from the store to their phoneline to request a XXL Tall downlight sweater because I wanted to see if it would be cut a tad wider being a tall than the normal XXL and also to compare the length. (I typically wear a 37-38 sleeve shirt so it may be better for me.

ALSO - they were marked down to $49.99 in the Tysons Corner store. When I called, the woman said they were $89 but she honored the $49.99 price... and she did one better. She mentioned some special they were running today where it was 20% off one item when you called from the store... so I got it for $39.99 shipped to my door... same price as the vest lol. With that, I can't go wrong and take back ALL of what I said before...

For that price, a normally $180 jacket can leak down all it wants lol.

Hammock
    Warbonnets!
    Tarp
    OES, WB
    Insulation
    Crowsnest, Leighs
    Suspension
    Webbing & Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by mak52580 View Post
    You could check the local stores around here. I think Tysons MAY have had a Large in something left. There may be others. Also, I think there is an Eddie Bauer outlet in Leesburg... might be worth reaching out to them.

Also, I don't know if you called the corporate phone center, but they may either have some in stock or be able to check other stores nationwide to see if one is floating around in a store somewhere.

I actually went to Tysons tonight and called from the store to their phoneline to request a XXL Tall downlight sweater because I wanted to see if it would be cut a tad wider being a tall than the normal XXL and also to compare the length. (I typically wear a 37-38 sleeve shirt so it may be better for me.

ALSO - they were marked down to $49.99 in the Tysons Corner store. When I called, the woman said they were $89 but she honored the $49.99 price... and she did one better. She mentioned some special they were running today where it was 20% off one item when you called from the store... so I got it for $39.99 shipped to my door... same price as the vest lol. With that, I can't go wrong and take back ALL of what I said before...

For that price, a normally $180 jacket can leak down all it wants lol.
    Ah come on Mak, how can you go from "Losing a fight with a goose" To "leak all it wants"?
    It's only an addiction if you're trying to quit

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 Trpl
    Tarp
    ZPacks Cuben
    Insulation
    GoLite Ultra 20
    Suspension
    1/8" Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by optimator View Post
    Ah come on Mak, how can you go from "Losing a fight with a goose" To "leak all it wants"?
    It's a rough economy... $20 makes all the difference.

What can I say, I can be bought on the cheap lol

Plus, there was some mention on here that some of the newer jackets didn't leak down as much so I am hoping I grab one.

• + New Posts
  • Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast