Hammock
    DD Traveler + GT UL
    Tarp
    DD+HH sil UL
    Insulation
    DD UQ + CCF pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    I'm also 6'-3", my GT Ultralight is a bit smaller in both dimensions and I've slept in it happily multiple nights. I guess this is a personal thing, what works for me might not work for others...

Hammock
    TX250, NX200, WBBB
    Tarp
    WBSF, Edge, Vertex
    Insulation
    Incu-Burrow!
    Suspension
    Camo w/Dutch Bling
    Images
    I bought one of these last year from Walmart and got it at a year-end clearance price of $10. I didn't do anything with it for months and then decided to Google how to use it. That's how I found out about real hammocks and bought an HH last spring. I may use the Walmart hammock as an equipment holder or make an UQ out of it or something.
    My YouTube channel: Tool Dude Tony
    "No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Bonzai

Hammock
    Superior Gear
    Tarp
    Superior Gear
    Insulation
    Down
    I have a similar hammock I picked up in a yard sale for $3. Love it. I tore a hole in it on concrete. My bad. Planning on patching it. That is how much I love a hammock I could replace for $20. I hang mine with dynaglide whoopies and tree straps from AHE with dutch clips. In my ignorance I still dont know why or what you use chain links for. I know what they are just not why you use them.
    Pete.
    The opinions expressed by this user are not those of a competent individual. If they were that would mean I know what I am talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Granted View Post
    He spent several nights in it and only fell out once.
    That's a VICTORY. Some of the unnamed troglodytes around here even manage to flip their hennesseys upside down.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudorino View Post
    I may use the Walmart hammock as an equipment holder or make an UQ out of it or something.
    Truth be told, I've been wanting a gear hammock which is why I didn't hesitate to pull the trigger on the Walmart hammock.

Boris

Are they in the stores or do you have to order them online? If they are in the stores what department?

Thanks,
    John

Hammock
    WarbonnetBlackbird
    Tarp
    Olive Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubat Dempsey TQ
    Suspension
    Stock Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    Are they in the stores or do you have to order them online? If they are in the stores what department?

Thanks,
    John
    I was just about to ask the same thing.

I'm still trying to find a Walmart that has fabric for that matter...

Hammock
    BMBH, GT single para
    Tarp
    WB mamajamba
    Insulation
    walmart 40f bag UQ
    Suspension
    whoopie>togg>strap
    Images
    not available in stores, only online. free shipping to store or house, though.

I took one of these I bought at Target on clearance to the Boundary Waters. Put it up to "take naps in" for whoever wanted to use it.

it was so comfortable compared to the tents, you had to get in line to use it.

We didn't use it for over nights. . but a great relaxing hammock and mine packs into a bag small enough to put in a large pocket.

Hammock
    Trek Light Double
    Tarp
    Tyvek HW & GG12X12
    Insulation
    WalMart blue pads
    Suspension
    1" straps & biners

For $20, I bought some

Thanks thekalimist for starting this thread.

We are new to hammocking, instead of tenting, and have four Trek Light Doubles. When I saw this thread I thought $20 for 400# hammocks to be used for loaning, gear, altering, testing, modding, etc; how could you go wrong, and if I did in the first 90 days, take them back to Wal Mart.

I ordered two and a $20 sleeping bag the afternoon of August 6th with free s&h and had them August 11th. I pulled one out of the box and hung it on my test trees in the back yard. They are shine-y-er than the Treks yet support my 6'2", 270# exactly the same. They feel exactly the same...VERY comfortable and room to spare.
    The chain links will be changed out for biners though, I only hand snugged the threads yet had to find a wrench to undo them.
    In addition, the EQUIP hammock stitching appears to be fine yet 2 of the ends of the stitching do not look as finished like the Trek lights. I will be sewing reinforcements on one end tube seam and the stuff sack.

Later today I will be at REI in Seattle Washington and will compare them to an ENO and will post my findings next week.
    This weekend I will be hanging for a couple nights south of Seattle on the Puget Sound and will be testing both the Trek Lights and the EQUIPs out. I will post these results later.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    WARBONNET BLACKBIRD
    Tarp
    wallyworld blue
    Insulation
    YETI
    Suspension
    straps and rings
    Images
    these type of hammocks are great for people just starting out. I have 2 kalisto hammocks that I bought last year. if you change out the suspension, they will work great for most people. one of mine has a couple of small tears from my st. bernard's claws when he was smaller, but still holds my 390 lb butt just fine.
    I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane. - Waylon Jennings

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast