Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Mine came in Friday, I re-rigged it with the Amsteel Blue, aluminium ring and adjustable ridge line. It seems like a fine hammock, I can actually lay almost perfectly flat in it. I don't have a lot experience with the fancy hammocks, I have an Eno DN, which is my most modern hammock, for the money I spent on it I couldn't buy the fabric.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    USGI PL UQ&TQ
    Suspension
    whoopies/straps

E-Crap

with much anticipation i finally recieved my china-mart hammock (my first!), set it up, got in, was quite comfortable, rocked around a bit to check stability, got out and found this right where my 300lb big mac butt was (hole puncher for scale):

UNACCEPTABLE!

returned it straight away and will use the $19.98 to buy some fabric and make my own hammock! now onto the fabric boards to get some answers...

CAVEAT EMPTOR!

Hammock
    Trek Light Double
    Tarp
    Tyvek HW & GG12X12
    Insulation
    WalMart blue pads
    Suspension
    1" straps & biners
    natureboy68, seems you got a 'bum steer' of the group. Pretty hard to beat the return policy though, just taking it back is one of the reasons I took the chance too.

In comparison, when our 4 Trek Light's showed up, initially we only hung 2 up as it was just getting dark. The next day we hung up the same 2 again and my daughter said there was a hole in one. On closer inspection under some house lights I found the one in question to have what looked like a cigarette burn right in the center and 5 oily smudges about the size of a thumb print on it. The other 3 were fine. I emailed Trek Light and the owner sent me a new one and a return label right away.

Defective product happens, it stinks when it happens to you. Good to hear you returned it and got your money back.

As an update, my daughter has one of the EQUIP's hung in her room for stuffed animals so now her top bunk can be used for an overnight guest if necessary.

Hammock
    Equip working on DIY
    Tarp
    GG 11.5 X 11.5
    Insulation
    wmart CCF
    Suspension
    DIY
    Thanks for this thread ... i just picked one of these up at my local walmart , the budget doesnt allow for a more expensive hammock at this time.. hoping this will get me hanging at a reasonable price .. already got some fabric to diy one. But I have to dig the thread injector out of the storage room at the parents before I can begin that adventure.

last September we were in the boundary waters. I was using a camping hammock. I had brought one of the Walmart hammocks just to take naps in. A friend of mine took a nap in it. . .decided to just sleep in it for the four days. He just used a sleeping bag and loved it

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Whatevers Handy
    Insulation
    Homemade stuff
    Suspension
    Tie Down Straps
    I found these a few weeks ago and have tested them extensively. Keep in mind I am a newb by Hammock-Forums standards and have no real intrest in taking it to the levels most here do. I like inexpensive and simple but reliable. Not a "gram-weenie" by any stretch. But since I see you got a few threads here I thought I'd share the video I did of it to show some friends I am getting into hammocking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_4RX...chrE2VaKFDI3M=

Hammock
    DIY Knotty/Speer special, RED
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    50 extree pounds
    Suspension
    Whoopy slings
    I went to the original link as I hadn't looked at this thread. Took me to the Walmart website where I have been before. What I'd never seen before though was Gran Trunk hammocks and Texsport stands. HUH? Oh, it's not in my local store it's on the internet only.

Then it hit me. Between this time and the last time I surfed the Walmart website they've gone Amazon on us, they'll source just about anything now and sell it to you just like Amazon does. They're learning and don't want to be cut out of the internet market.

Now, to compare prices to see if they're any better.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Whatevers Handy
    Insulation
    Homemade stuff
    Suspension
    Tie Down Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by MrClean417 View Post
    I went to the original link as I hadn't looked at this thread. Took me to the Walmart website where I have been before. What I'd never seen before though was Gran Trunk hammocks and Texsport stands. HUH? Oh, it's not in my local store it's on the internet only.

Then it hit me. Between this time and the last time I surfed the Walmart website they've gone Amazon on us, they'll source just about anything now and sell it to you just like Amazon does. They're learning and don't want to be cut out of the internet market.

Now, to compare prices to see if they're any better.
    AND you can get free site-to-store shipping and just pick it up in the store.

New Member runningfromseptember's Avatar
    I just picked one of these up. It is really comfortable. I threw away the suspension it came with, and am using some cinch buckles and webbing with it. For 20 bucks, I don't think you could beat this. I took around a 3 hour nap in it. I wouldn't worry about the construction with it.
    "I rejoice that there are owls. Let them do the idiotic and maniacal hooting for men." -Henry David Thoreau

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 multicam
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12x12
    Insulation
    CCF Pad, sleeping
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I just spent the night in mine in South Cumberland State Park. 30F overnight. I slept in a Kelty camper 30 degree bag on top of a walmart ccf pad with little problem. All stock rigging, decent for the price. Much longer than my friend's ENO SN, but not as comfortable

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast