WBBB
    Tarp
    Big Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WldrnslgsTQ+pad
    Suspension
    Webbing/DutchClips

Augusta GA NuB would like a test ride

I've just started educating myself on hammocks. If there's anyone close to Augusta, GA who who be wiling to give me a test ride on their hammock, I would appreciate receiving a PM.

You're only 90 minutes away from Lake Greenwood, SC. Next weekend there will be a dozen or so assorted Hammock Forums folk hanging on an island there. Check the thread for info on how to find it, boat rides to the island, etc.
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=17557

Stop by on Saturday and I guarantee you'll find all sorts of different hammocks that folks will be quite happy to let you try. If you want to really dive in head first, post to that thread and ask if anyone has a hammock you can borrow for the weekend.

Boris

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Big Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WldrnslgsTQ+pad
    Suspension
    Webbing/DutchClips
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris Losdindawoods View Post
    You're only 90 minutes away from Lake Greenwood, SC. Next weekend there will be a dozen or so assorted Hammock Forums folk hanging on an island there. Check the thread for info on how to find it, boat rides to the island, etc.
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=17557

Stop by on Saturday and I guarantee you'll find all sorts of different hammocks that folks will be quite happy to let you try. If you want to really dive in head first, post to that thread and ask if anyone has a hammock you can borrow for the weekend.

Boris
    Thanks for the offer. If it weren't for the fact that it was on an island, the fact that I have no canoe/kayak and that I don't want to inconvenience anyone to pick me up and take me back in their canoe/kayak (and thereby rob them of time doing what they came to do) I would drive up on Sat morning. But your idea of dropping by a similar event is a good one. I'll just check the posts in the section of the forum for those events and see what else might be close. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by pgustaf249 View Post
    Thanks for the offer. If it weren't for the fact that it was on an island, the fact that I have no canoe/kayak and that I don't want to inconvenience anyone to pick me up and take me back in their canoe/kayak (and thereby rob them of time doing what they came to do) I would drive up on Sat morning. But your idea of dropping by a similar event is a good one. I'll just check the posts in the section of the forum for those events and see what else might be close. Thanks.
    You're forgetting that we're talking about Hammock Forum people, not normal people. If you're willing to stand still for 5 seconds, they'll start talking about their hammock. It looks like there will be at least 1 motorboat there, so it's no big deal for somebody to give you a 2-minute ride to the island. Having a boat isn't a requirement.

Boris

Hammock
    Treklite Double
    Tarp
    SG 12 x 12 camo
    Insulation
    CCF Pad
    Suspension
    Rings!
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pgustaf249 View Post
    Yeah, there should be a couple of motorboats, me included, who would be more than willing to give you a ride over to the island, and some people might even welcome the extra help paddling a canoe!!! And as a matter of fact I am trying to figure out a way to get both my boat and my kayak over to the island.....
    Relax, monsters under the hammock are easily distracted by twister-playing squirrels.

live in aiken curerntly use a Warbonnet but also own a Hennessey and a Clark just PM me and I will be glad to share information etc will be leaving for the 100 mile wilderness in maine on the 20th so either before then or after I get back

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Big Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WldrnslgsTQ+pad
    Suspension
    Webbing/DutchClips
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris Losdindawoods View Post
    You're forgetting that we're talking about Hammock Forum people, not normal people. If you're willing to stand still for 5 seconds, they'll start talking about their hammock. It looks like there will be at least 1 motorboat there, so it's no big deal for somebody to give you a 2-minute ride to the island. Having a boat isn't a requirement.

Boris
    You guys are sure nice to a guy who knows nothing and looking to mooch info and a lift to/from the island. I see the dates are August 13-15. I'll see how Saturday looks and I'll hope to get out there. If you see someone on the mainland with nothing to do looking lost, it's probably me. I hope to bring my wife to convince here this would be better than the eight weeks we spent on the ground during our 8 day Erie Canal bike ride. I'm looking forward to touring all the sites and seeing what kine of set-ups you guys have.
    Last edited by pgustaf249; 08-08-2010 at 22:47.

It's this coming weekend. August 13-15. The big, group meal will be Saturday night.

Boris

Hammock
    ENO DoubleNest
    Tarp
    8X10 all purp tarp
    Insulation
    sleeping bag
    Suspension
    12ft dble webbing
    hey pgustaf...i'm from augusta and pretty new to hammocking...did you ever get one or get into it? if so where do you camp around augusta?

• + New Posts