Atlanta NX-250 test hang

I'm planning on pulling the trigger on a NX-250 and was wondering if anyone in the Atlanta area would be willing to show me theirs before I commit.

In the interest of full disclosure, I'm 6'5" and 270lbs, so would understand if you would prefer that I look, don't sit.

Hammock
    BIAS WW Dbl 1.1
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/doors
    Insulation
    UGO 40* Zepplin
    Suspension
    Cinch bugs/straps
    Images
    I have about every other hammock known to man, but no Clarks, so I'm afraid that I can't help you there. Happy to show you a WB BB, HH, Speer, or BMBH.....

Sweeper

(who is 6'1" and has hung in all of them when I used to weigh about 265...)
    Hiking & Hanging is therapy, and much cheaper than medication in the long run. Carry on.

Proud Member of the "Corps of Insanity" Hiking Group, 2000-2015. Semper Gumby!

Hammock
    BMBH UL
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    JRB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Not in the Atlanta area but if you do decide to pull the trigger on an NX-250, I have one like new that I am trying to sell. It has been used on one 5 night trip and two other 1 night trips. It is virtually like new. I am happy to give you the suspension system of your choice. Clark's orginal, Whoopie Slings, or Strap/buckle. I am interested in making you a good deal as the closest needs more space. Send PM and we can discuss.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MrToot View Post
    Not in the Atlanta area but if you do decide to pull the trigger on an NX-250, I have one like new that I am trying to sell. It has been used on one 5 night trip and two other 1 night trips. It is virtually like new. I am happy to give you the suspension system of your choice. Clark's orginal, Whoopie Slings, or Strap/buckle. I am interested in making you a good deal as the closest needs more space. Send PM and we can discuss.
    Why don't you post it in the For Sale Forum? That's the place that everyone goes for good deals. I'm sure you'd find a buyer for it there.

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
    - John Burroughs

Poor guy. I am a little south of Atlanta about 45 minutes and I don't have a Clark NX but I do have a Clark NA and a Clark Tropical, A HH Explorer Delux, HH Exped Asym, Grand Trunk Skeeter Beeter and a ENO DN. You can try them all if you won't to come down and try them?

Hammock
    BMBH UL
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    JRB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Will do but figured since his purchase seemed immediate I would just throw it out there but I understand I should put on the For Sale Forum.

Quote Originally Posted by NCPatrick View Post
    Why don't you post it in the For Sale Forum? That's the place that everyone goes for good deals. I'm sure you'd find a buyer for it there.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MrToot View Post
    Will do but figured since his purchase seemed immediate I would just throw it out there but I understand I should put on the For Sale Forum.
    No problem, I'm just sayin'...

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
    - John Burroughs

Sweeper and RP, thanks for the invite. I'm going to look at a few that you mentioned and see if any might work for me. I'll let you know via PM. I'm open to suggestion from anyone about the same size as me as to what works for them. I'm not too fond of the bottom entry idea, but then I haven't tried it either.

MrToot, thanks - pm sent.

Hammock
    BB1.0 double
    Tarp
    Hybrid Cuben F.
    Insulation
    Down & IX
    Suspension
    BB straps,whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by PoorGuy View Post
    I'm planning on pulling the trigger on a NX-250 and was wondering if anyone in the Atlanta area would be willing to show me theirs before I commit.

In the interest of full disclosure, I'm 6'5" and 270lbs, so would understand if you would prefer that I look, don't sit.
    just to give you an idea about the size of the Clarks vs YOU. I have the reg sized Tropical, I'm 5 foot. When I'm inside my hammock, I've got all kinds of head and foot room and I can lay just a tiny bit off center too, if I want to. During the winter, I'll have my down puffy jacktet stuffed up into the head end at night to keep my head warm and to be handy if I need to get up. Sometimes, I'll have my jacket down at my feet, it just depends on the temps. If I'm to warm, I'll start stuffing things down at my feet to get them away from me. Just trying to give you the picture that I've got a lot of space inside the hammock to work with to regulate my temps.
    My husband is 6'4" and about 240ish in weight, so close enough to you to give you an idea of the size of the reg Clark. This past weekend, we're camping next to a lake. I've got my Clark set up near where all the adults are sitting and I'm mostly using my hammock as a "lazy-boy" (I'm just sitting back in it and relaxing). I decided to go swimming for a while and when I returned, in my hammock is my husband!!! There may have been about 4 inches at his feet and about 2 inches left over at his head. But he looked happy!! For him, the reg is OK for hanging out, laying down or sitting, during the day. But it's to tight quarters for him to sleep all night in. I think that one of the main reasons I like this hammock is that I have the room at my head to either stuff my jacket or during the summer to have it opened up around me to stay cool. I also like that it's more of a "cocoon" type hammock. During the summer, I can feel any breeze that passes under me and during the winter, with my quilts, I feel like I'm completely surrounded by warmth.
    For your size, actually I'd say for anyone close to 6 foot or taller, always get the larger hammocks. And I believe my hammock is rated to hold 350 pounds so absolutely no worries there.

Thanks TinaLouise! Good information. I'm certainly looking for one large enough to stretch out in.

I'll post what I end up deciding to do and the end result after my first trip. All information is welcome though, so feel free to speak up if you have any suggestions. Keep it coming.

• + New Posts