Tarp
    JRB 11'x10'
    Insulation
    JRB TQ / UQ set
    Suspension
    JRB tri-glide

Rocking of hammock

Hi,

I use a BA aircore pad in the sleeve of my JRB BMB and I find that the hammock tends to rock and swing at night when I move or roll over.

I am not sure if that is waking me up this motion or if I am noticing it due to waking up to pee or waking up because I am cold [I have been aggressively testing insulation combinations].

Does anyone else notice the rocking and do you think it wakes you up? It seems like there is a centerline to the hammock and if my center of gravity crosses over the hammock rocking starts.

Part of it may be that I don't have an underquilt so I tend to try to stay in the middle to avoid toouching the sides of the hammock.

Thanks.

Hammock
    DIY gathered end / WL Snipe
    Tarp
    DIY 8x10 sil/ M.O.
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/ 20*Pheonix
    Suspension
    DIYwhoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by tjm View Post
    Hi,

I use a BA aircore pad in the sleeve of my JRB BMB and I find that the hammock tends to rock and swing at night when I move or roll over.

I am not sure if that is waking me up this motion or if I am noticing it due to waking up to pee or waking up because I am cold [I have been aggressively testing insulation combinations].

Does anyone else notice the rocking and do you think it wakes you up? It seems like there is a centerline to the hammock and if my center of gravity crosses over the hammock rocking starts.

Part of it may be that I don't have an underquilt so I tend to try to stay in the middle to avoid toouching the sides of the hammock.

Thanks.

tjm, I can't answer your question, I always considered the rocking a free perk of using a hammock, my DIY hammock had tieouts but took them off, I like to rock, you could add side tie outs like HH , I'm sure someone will shoot you a answer

Hammock
    G-Bird II/Bridge
    Tarp
    Ogee tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    No experience with a bmbh, but a few folks have staked a line to the ground and tied it to the hammock. Leave the line a little long and when swaying becomes an issue, reach up and grab the line to stabilize the hammock.
    Ambulo tua ambulo.

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WB, ZPacks
    Insulation
    Incubators/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoppie/Strap
    Images
    When I use my BMBH with a pad (which is always since I sleep on my stomach) the hammock gets tippy. Sleeping in it with a pad raises you up and makes the bridge move more side to side. If you start out the middle and you roll or shift your weight past the centerline then the bridge will move/rock you to the otherside. If I know I'm going to roll over, I will usually grab on to
    one of the sides to hold me in the center as I roll. Have you tried to sit upright in your bridge hammock with a pad in it? Samething will happen if you move off the centerline, except the rocking will be more exagerated since your center of gravity will be higher when you sit up. Make sure your holding on to the edges if you try this.

• + New Posts