Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Everyone may as well stop asking Pan to make a quilt in muted colors, it's gonna be day-glo green forever...those guys have color vision issues, I think.

Hammock
    Molly Mac Gear
    Images
    Has anyone used a square quilt in an UnderCover without tailoring?

I bought a Poncho Liner from Wiggy's to do some experimenting. I'm thinking of putting it in the HH Supershelter UnderCover, beneath the OCF pad, and slacking off the UnderCover. At the entrance, I will simply fold the corner into the hammock; once I am in the hammock, I'll fold it out between the UC and the hammock to cover the entrance. I'll fold the other corners where they extend above the UC.

Hammock
    Nano-7
    Tarp
    Cat cut tarp
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Yeti
    Suspension
    Woopie slings
    Images
    Hi
    I have cut out the size and shape of my quilt and would like to use thin elastic bungee type cord to hold it to the hammock. Does anyone have any photos of this cord attached to the quilt and at the hammock end? I am not sure of the best way to go from here. I want to test it out tonight before making the cover for it.
    Thanks
    Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.
    Winnie the Pooh

My Photo Album
    My youtube videos

Proud member since May 2007

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Ariel
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gunn parker View Post
    Hi
    I have cut out the size and shape of my quilt and would like to use thin elastic bungee type cord to hold it to the hammock. Does anyone have any photos of this cord attached to the quilt and at the hammock end? I am not sure of the best way to go from here. I want to test it out tonight before making the cover for it.
    Thanks
    shots of the end of my Potomac (the KAQ design).
    There are channels for the shock cord on all four sides of the quilt.

Grizz
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    Hammaka HALO SE
    Tarp
    JRB 11X10
    Insulation
    My Poncho Pod
    Grizz...looking at this UQ...How does it attach to the hammock? I see the two long cords in the second photo...but have yet to figure out how it attaches to the hammock support.
    Alex Williams
    Acts 10:13 "Arise Peter, Kill and Eat."
    Job 14:15 "Call upon Me and I shall answer you."
    Williams Custom Calls

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Ariel
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by alex30808 View Post
    Grizz...looking at this UQ...How does it attach to the hammock? I see the two long cords in the second photo...but have yet to figure out how it attaches to the hammock support.
    The long cords are actually one length, a loop, also shock cord. It goes up to a hook that is attached to the suspension line via a prussik knot. So you just grab the shock cord loop and clip it onto the hook. Adjust the tension by moving the hook+prussik knot along the suspension line.

Grizz

Griz, my KAQ (made by Patrick) also has a loop of shock cord that goes over the ridgeline. I've thought about ordering JRB's suspension kit and hybridizing the two maybe. Patrick's shockcord tunnels work really well, it really hugs the side of the hammock. The only cold spot I've found yet (and I haven't been able to really cold test it yet) was under my knees, and that seems to be a common complaint. I've thought about a piece of thin, flat nylon tape at knee level that runs over the top of the ridgeline to snug it up. Maybe use two little plastic D rings to adjust it. If you used a Black Bishop sack you could set it and forget it.

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Ariel
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Take-a-knee View Post
    Griz, my KAQ (made by Patrick) also has a loop of shock cord that goes over the ridgeline. I've thought about ordering JRB's suspension kit and hybridizing the two maybe. Patrick's shockcord tunnels work really well, it really hugs the side of the hammock. The only cold spot I've found yet (and I haven't been able to really cold test it yet) was under my knees, and that seems to be a common complaint. I've thought about a piece of thin, flat nylon tape at knee level that runs over the top of the ridgeline to snug it up. Maybe use two little plastic D rings to adjust it. If you used a Black Bishop sack you could set it and forget it.
    having a cold spot under the knee makes sense, I think the shape of our body in the hammock bottom naturally creates an air gap there.

Now that you mention it, my Potomac may have been sent with shock cord I could use over the ridgeline. Last time I used it in a HH was June, and I forget these details. Indeed last weekend I took the family camping, my wife and youngest to sleep in a tent. Grabbed a tent I bought new in August 2006 for a family trip then, I've probably pitched it four times. Got to the campsite in the dark, and commenced to set up the tent with headlamps. 'xcepting I couldn't remember which poles went where, and so on...got it sorted out in the end but was sweating it for sure.

Grizz

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345