Traveler with HNO AirShip
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images
    Resistance if futile! I could have used 2 tonight experimenting with attaching a Te-wa style UQ to a hammock with a channel end.
    Dutch/theJacks will sell plenty....as alluded to in a prior post I'll buy some just to support our industry, our sport, our inovators and there is the coolness factor. I'd also like to somehow mix a DB with my Acerbelt that Acercanto made using a Dutch Clip. Maybe one on each side to simply clip things to. Acercanto are you listening?

Hammock
    TeeDee Bridge Hammock
    Tarp
    Customized JRB
    Insulation
    Down or IX
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk-eye View Post

And as a gear head ... how ya going to resist getting a couple sets of these bad boys?
    Now you are really making it harder and harder.

Go ahead - tempt me, just go ahead !

Getting weaker and weaker. Don't know if I can last until the Jacks get back

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    WoW hawk-eye another great eye-poping LMAO video, but it makes me think of a few questions if ya dont mind answering. So first of all you use a continious loop to larks head to your hammock then larks head the woopie sling to the continious loop. Why dont you just larks head the woopie directly to the hammock? Espically if you are useing the dutch biner to clip the adjustable end of the woopie to the tree strap. What am I missing? And what if your tree straps were to long and you had to shorten them, do you think the dutch biners could act as a toggle for a marlin spike hitch or is it to small? And can you attach an inverted woopie sling to a toggle and will that hold? (looping the adjustable end of the woopie to the hammock is what I mean). I like your ideah about useing a continious loop to extend the tree huggers very innovative. Cant wait to order me a few sets of dutch clips.

edit: I did read the reply to Odds but still feel like I am missing something, not sure what but something about it I just can visualize or see the praticality of it's use, I guess I just have to waight for some dutch biners so I can play around with them.
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Oak Ridge & Linville Gorge, North Carolina
    Hammock
    HHE, 2QZQ Mod4, Jerry 5 DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/SFly Camo
    Insulation
    HammockGear Prod.
    Suspension
    Use them all!
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lazy river road View Post
    WoW hawk-eye another great eye-poping LMAO video, but it makes me think of a few questions if ya dont mind answering. So first of all you use a continious loop to larks head to your hammock then larks head the woopie sling to the continious loop. Why dont you just larks head the woopie directly to the hammock? Espically if you are useing the dutch biner to clip the adjustable end of the woopie to the tree strap. What am I missing? And what if your tree straps were to long and you had to shorten them, do you think the dutch biners could act as a toggle for a marlin spike hitch or is it to small? And can you attach an inverted woopie sling to a toggle and will that hold? (looping the adjustable end of the woopie to the hammock is what I mean). I like your ideah about useing a continious loop to extend the tree huggers very innovative. Cant wait to order me a few sets of dutch clips.

edit: I did read the reply to Odds but still feel like I am missing something, not sure what but something about it I just can visualize or see the praticality of it's use, I guess I just have to waight for some dutch biners so I can play around with them.
    Glad you liked it ... on the questions ... OK the reasoning for the short length and the DB ... you got that ... the only one left ... if the strap is too long? Well you just double the strap around the tree.

Yeah once you get a set ... try this set up and then try playing around with your own version ... you might find a set up that works best for you. This is just the one that really works good for me.

I'll still carry the loop and extra line for the what if's ... but I've got a set of Whoopees from Paul coming that have the longer tail I mention in the video. That's going to be my go to suspension for now.

WARNING: Will discuss Rhurbarb Strawberry Pie and Livermush at random.

"A democracy is two wolves and a small lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." ... B.Franklin

Home of the Gorge Rats: Linville Gorge
    My Videos YouTube Channel
    Photo collections Flickr Photostream

Gorge Rat Productions On FaceBook

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Something I did last night that worked out well. Whoopie was used the conventional way attached to the hammock. I just pased the Dutch Biner through the hugger loops and clicked back on the whoopie. That way the hugger is still expandable and I didn't need an amsteel loop. It also happens to be how my BB is already set up and I bet many other people's are also.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Dutch.... My plan zactly
    when I get some play time.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/SFly Camo
    Insulation
    HammockGear Prod.
    Suspension
    Use them all!
    Images

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Something I did last night that worked out well. Whoopie was used the conventional way attached to the hammock. I just pased the Dutch Biner through the hugger loops and clicked back on the whoopie. That way the hugger is still expandable and I didn't need an amsteel loop. It also happens to be how my BB is already set up and I bet many other people's are also.
    That works pretty good ... especially on the lighter straps ... but I'm liking the water break benefits more and more ... but then I might change my mind again later!

Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." ... B.Franklin

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    Thanks for the explanation Hawk-Eye, Im gonna have to try both ways but do currently like the way my woopies are attached. Although I also like the Ideah of being able to detach my woopies when I pack my hammock in case they get wet in the rain, sap drops on the or what ever dirtyness gets on them can stay away form my hammock.
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/SFly Camo
    Insulation
    HammockGear Prod.
    Suspension
    Use them all!
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lazy river road View Post
    Thanks for the explanation Hawk-Eye, Im gonna have to try both ways but do currently like the way my woopies are attached. Although I also like the Ideah of being able to detach my woopies when I pack my hammock in case they get wet in the rain, sap drops on the or what ever dirtyness gets on them can stay away form my hammock.
    That's a good point ... no use in your hammock being dry if you're going to stuff it back in it's bag with wet suspension!

Images

We're waiting!!

"Tenting is equivalent to a bum crawling into a cardboard box, hammocking is an art" KK

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast