DW netless/JS Full net
    Tarp
    Hex
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 40
    Suspension
    Dutch buckle/strap
    Quote Originally Posted by grakker View Post
    For what it's worth, I'm about 6'2" and 260. I hang diagonal across my room. I figured the sideways forces would be better than 90 degrees. I hang over 50% of the time and have for over 6 months. I've noticed no cracking or any stress showing on the walls. I drilled at an angle into the studs then screwed in strong eye bolts.

I'm not saying you won't have problems, just that this has been a great thing for me.
    So is your eye bolt perpendicular to the wall or at an angle? I am glad you are reporting good results, but it makes me wonder if I wouldn't be twisting a 2x4 in the wall.

I may try the ceiling joist method or the old 2 by across several stud deal.

I live in a place built in 1950. All rooms have thick wood panelling, which makes it hard to find stud centers. The outside walls are concrete block, so that has provided difficulty as well.

I'll beat this thing!!!! Thanks for the help, it helps for me to talk it out, lol.

Rick

Hammock
    Wbbb 1.1dbl.- Traveler multicam 1.9
    Tarp
    H.G. Cuben camo
    Insulation
    Phinc-burrow- H.R.
    Hello Rick.. I am having this dilemma as well.... Was going to go corner to corner, then found no studs were butted where they should be
    Soooo.. Long story short, I cut 4 pieces of aluminum flat stock, 2 for each corner, the same height (2in.) as seat belt material and as wide as a wall stud.
    drilled 2 holes in each one. by cutting a small length of seat belt, then screwing the alum plate over it on each end forming a small loop to hook your suspension to.. You are using the immediate corner studs,and the force will be shared by them together which should be very strong.. I am gonna double the strap at the ends by folding it on top of the bracket then use washers when screwing it into the wall, so it is double sandwiched .. I will find a way to get a photo when finished if you are interested.. b.t.w. min. of 1 1/4 screws and stainless...

Hammock
    DW netless/JS Full net
    Tarp
    Hex
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 40
    Suspension
    Dutch buckle/strap
    I'm using 3.5" deck screws, but after I broke a step stool, and then hit concrete with my screw, I figured I was done for the night. That corner idea may have some merit.....

Thanks,
    Rick

Hammock
    Wbbb 1.1dbl.- Traveler multicam 1.9
    Tarp
    H.G. Cuben camo
    Insulation
    Phinc-burrow- H.R.
    Ok.... I bought some 1/4 in. by 2in. lags with the washers on them 3/8 in. socket heads.. It was a pain to line everything up, so the easiest way would be to drill the pilot holes first, instead of holes in the alum flat stock, notch them.
    you can twist the lags by hand to get the hole through the seat belt material. screw them in just to the point you can still slide the flat stock in
    in front of the seat belt then tighten them down...
    This is VERY solid, no creaks or pops.. Happy hanger here....

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12