GrizzBridge Ariel
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images

Rochford purchase

Quote Originally Posted by MacEntyre View Post
    Rochford Supply has some 1.9 oz ripstop camo.

+1
    I confess I'm a sucker for camo. So I sprung for some of this woodland camo 1.9 oz ripstop, and also universal digital in the "Light weight nylon" variety. No weight numbers given, but universal digital is cool, worth a try.

Showed up today. The digital camo is advertised at 60" wide, I got 58". The woodland camo is advertised at 58" wide, I got 63".

The woodland camo is indeed ripstop, and once upon a time it may have been 1.9 oz, but there is a shiny water repellent backing (its the shiny surface you find inside many tarps), which brings the weight up to 3.2 oz / sq yd. Hadn't figured on that. Guess I'll be making stuff sacks for Christmas presents, maybe a tarp.

The digital camo is not so obviously coated, although it is surely very water resistant, and comes in at 4.4 oz /sq yd.

The digital camo could work I think for Dutch and his hammock / pack. Dutch, PM in bound.

Grizz

Images
    what is wrong with places like this? don't they realize that people want to know if it's coated or breathable? i hate when retailers don't even know what they are selling.

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams View Post
    I confess I'm a sucker for camo. So I sprung for some of this woodland camo 1.9 oz ripstop, and also universal digital in the "Light weight nylon" variety. No weight numbers given, but universal digital is cool, worth a try.

Showed up today. The digital camo is advertised at 60" wide, I got 58". The woodland camo is advertised at 58" wide, I got 63".

The woodland camo is indeed ripstop, and once upon a time it may have been 1.9 oz, but there is a shiny water repellent backing (its the shiny surface you find inside many tarps), which brings the weight up to 3.2 oz / sq yd. Hadn't figured on that. Guess I'll be making stuff sacks for Christmas presents, maybe a tarp.

The digital camo is not so obviously coated, although it is surely very water resistant, and comes in at 4.4 oz /sq yd.

The digital camo could work I think for Dutch and his hammock / pack. Dutch, PM in bound.

Grizz
    was it 3.2 oz per square yard? or linear yard of the 58" wide? if what you measured was 3.2oz per linear yard thats essentially 1.98oz per sq yard

just a thought , maybe wishful thinking

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Ariel
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kohburn View Post
    was it 3.2 oz per square yard? or linear yard of the 58" wide? if what you measured was 3.2oz per linear yard thats essentially 1.98oz per sq yard

just a thought , maybe wishful thinking
    wishful thinking.

Computed the number of square inches, transformed to square yards, divided into measured weight.

sorry...

Grizz

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams View Post
    wishful thinking.

Computed the number of square inches, transformed to square yards, divided into measured weight.

sorry...

Grizz
    oh well it was worth a shot

Images
    I just bought some Universal Digital Camo from one of the local WalMarts.

About 3-4 oz per square yard (haven't weighed it yet) about 60/40 Nylon cotton blend in a ripstop pattern. $3/m ($2.77/yd)....

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps
    Insulation
    Leigh's UQ's
    Images
    http://www.hartsfabric.com/36551.html

Not sure if this has been posted in any other threads but here is a link to some ripstop woodland camo.

Hammock
    Trecklight Double
    Tarp
    JRB 11' x 10' Cat
    Insulation
    U.S. Poncho Liners
    Images
    Emailed Seth from trecklight a couple of questions I had and he said they are going to add a camo hammock to there line sometime with in the next coming year, along with a tarp it would be great if the tarp he adds was available in camo also!

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123