Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat
    Insulation
    3/4
    Suspension
    Strap Cinch buckle

First overnight hang report

Well first off I will apologies for my grammar upfront Jeff . Well to start this story off I wasn't sure I was even going to get to hang after the trip started. To begin with my camera died and I like to document my trips for youtube oh well I sent it back to Canon and can tell the story here . So we forgo without the camera get to my spot about 200 yards from my vehicle and 10 minutes from home which is a good thing. I dutch clipped my 8' straps to the tree had the marlin spike hitch and toggles in place attached my head end whoopie above the toggle go to the other end and crap my bury is now 3 " long and no loop Now I didn't buy or make my whoopies they were a gift from a member of HF so I had no clue how and if I could fix it. So I went home and retrieved the original straps and buckle suspension that came with my WB Traveler . So good thing I was doing my first overnight close to home. Well re strug the suspension and now have the hammock hung The hammock ridge line tight as a violin which I have since corrected I think lol. Now we put up the Superfly minus doors weather to be decent high 90 low 64 deg. the tarp went up without a glitch. decided to hang my 3/4 UQ since below 70 degovernight had few minor issues adjusting but concurred. Now I am sweating like a pig so take my shirt off and lay in hammock which at first the material was not cooperating to much to one side and not enough on the other. Once I got that corrected the skeeter's decided to feast so down goes one side of the suspension so I can weave my WB Bug net ok bug net on whats next lol . well I am finally getting comfortable when I thought I was near the set of Jar head the movie you know the scene they walk over the dunes into a big rave party with that god awful music well it was going on just over the ridge about a 1/4 mile away but fortunately only lasted till midnight but the train most of the night back and forth a mile away blowing it's whistle then the deer showed up snorting and running around for ten minutes . Yes it finally gets better I fall asleep for 5 hours of perfect slumber I got up to take care of business and to get a Ibuprofen had dental work done a few days before . After that I laid back down for another 2 1/2 hrs . So in summery the hammock sleep was great stayed warm didn't even pull out the sleeping bag grabbed my down jacket and draped across my chest and shoulders and was quite comfortable . So that was my first night in a nut shell hopefully the next time will be with QUIET

[IMG][/IMG]

Hammock
    Home Made from Acer
    Tarp
    Kelty
    Insulation
    Body Fat
    Suspension
    Mule's Special
    Images

Smile

Sweet.....now your hooked like everyone else....

Jerry The Hiker

Images
    Very cool!! Like you said good thing close to home. Before my first trip. I set everything up in my backyard so I knew what to expect.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Leigh's UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Treestrap
    You broke the ice so to speak. Your next hang will be better and before you know you will be a veteran.
    Terry

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Ain't nothin' like that firsty ........ glad you got out there.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    it only gets better jim.....

sorry to hear about your camera ....hope it gets fixed soon
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    I love learning from experience and figuring out how to best use my gear. It only gets better. Good job.

• + New Posts