hi guys
i'm from south wales in the uk, i stumbled across this forum whilst gathering info on what to me is a totally new way of camping, and to be honest i only wish i had found out about it sooner as it just looks so much more comfy than kipping on the floor, as it seems the older i'm get the harder the ground seems to be getting lol!

it's great to see so many people in one place on this forum who pool their ideas and are forthright with helpful advice, being new to this i need all the help and advice i can get i've just got my first hammock a nomad xl and have trimmed a nato roll mat so's its a snug fit in between this double layered hammock and intend to use my 255x215 british army basha for a fly. i'll see how things go and adapt my kit as needs dictate(and the wife dont find out lol!)

only problem being, just as i've got everything ready to go and try out for the first time, the weather has decided not to play ball, this has got to be the wettest august i can remember in a long while, but rest assured as soon as it lifts i'll be out in those woods looking for 2 good trees to string my hammock up and hopefully see what i've been missing kipping on the floor.

seeya

tinkers