Can't decide on a hammock

Ok. I've been researching these **** hammock tents for weeks and my trip is getting closer every day and I still don't have a hammock.

Every time I think I've made a choice I find a reason not to. First I started with the Eureka Chrysalis Hammock, then I was going to go with a Clark Jungle hammock, then a Hennessy. I still am no closer to a final decision though. AHHHH!

I'll be hiking from Florida to Pennsylvania. September, October, and a little November. Mainly on the AT.

I need to decide on a hammock tent that is easy to set up, has great weather protection, bug protection, can hold my 5'11 220lb frame. I'd also like to be able to put my pack and gear in side.

Hammock
    DIY DigiCamo Hennessy Clone
    Tarp
    DIY Hex tarp
    Insulation
    Modded CCF Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies!
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kaoshags View Post
    Ok. I've been researching these **** hammock tents for weeks and my trip is getting closer every day and I still don't have a hammock.

Every time I think I've made a choice I find a reason not to. First I started with the Eureka Chrysalis Hammock, then I was going to go with a Clark Jungle hammock, then a Hennessy. I still am no closer to a final decision though. AHHHH!

I'll be hiking from Florida to Pennsylvania. September, October, and a little November. Mainly on the AT.

I need to decide on a hammock tent that is easy to set up, has great weather protection, bug protection, can hold my 5'11 220lb frame. I'd also like to be able to put my pack and gear in side.
    If you plan on putting your gear inside the hammock with you, a bridge style hammock will most likely work better for you. The Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock will be the best option, and JRB has a ton of options you can get for it. Use your pack as a pseudo pillow, and you should be ok. You will have to get a seperate tarp for it.

What's the budget to work with?
    Fulfillment is living a life that makes the lives of others worth living.
    DIY is addicting and fulfilling!
    "If guns kill people, then pencils mispell words, cars cause people to drink and drive, and spoons made Rosie O'donnell fat."

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    Custom OES BatCave
    Insulation
    JRB quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Clark, Hennessy, JRB, Warbonnet they all have their good and bad points. I really dont know how a person would know exactly what they want in a hammock until they get their first one and put it to use. If clark and hennessy are what you are looking at (and have the features you want) buy one and put it to use before your trip. Then you can find what you like and dont like about that hammock style. If you like it, use it on your trip. If you dont like it, sell it on this forum and buy one that seems more suitable.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 dbl.
    Tarp
    WBSuperfly w/doors
    Insulation
    JRB TQ & UQ quilts
    Suspension
    Web
    I'm really a fan of my Warbonnet Blackbird! You should check'em out.

Hammock
    HH , WBBB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    the edge
    Insulation
    HG 40/0 phoenix
    Suspension
    whoopies
    a warbonnet is my choice aswell .. also you might be wanting to look into a underquilt ..
    i really dig Stormcrows crowsnest's .. im also useing the "the edge" tarp from warbonnet

Hammock
    TX250, NX200, WBBB
    Tarp
    WBSF, Edge, Vertex
    Insulation
    Incu-Burrow!
    Suspension
    Camo w/Dutch Bling
    Images
    If you're anything like me, you probably won't be satisfied until you've tried a couple. I agree, get whichever you feel good about and give it a try. If you like it, score. If not, buy another brand or model and either sell the first one on the forum or keep it for a friend to use and get them hooked too. That's my plan. I bought a HH and used it since spring. I received a new WBBB two weeks ago and have been having fun with that one. I'm saving my HH to use with my daughter or some of my friends who are unwilling to commit.
    My YouTube channel: Tool Dude Tony
    "No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Bonzai

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    IMO its worth it to lose a little money by buying and then selling on secondary market. Trying is the only way to see what you like. You can usually get a good return when you sell on the forums. I bought a WBBB partly because of all the recommendations and I'm glad I did. I have an older Clark I never found comfortable and I have tried a HH in a store. Good luck with your choice.

• + New Posts