UNO Double Nest
    Tarp
    OES 10 X 12
    Insulation
    MW3 & Hudson River
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling

Thanks, everyone!!!

I will just give it a try... you may see the net in the For Sale section in a week or two!!!!

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    3S CrowsNest DIYTQ
    Suspension
    Webbing/DC/WS
    Images
    I'll be giving this a try myself, since my WB bug net just arrived in the mail. I hope it works with my DN...this makes me nervous. There may be TWO for sale.
    -->dvis.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    NeoAir All-Season
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I use a (newer? bought a few months ago) WB bug net with my ENO DN and the only issue I've had with mine is the ends of the hammock pushing through the velcro ends during use. Not a major deal, but last night I figured out I could run the free end of my whoopie slings though the rings on the end of the bug net, pull it tight and tie it off. Worked great!

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    3S CrowsNest DIYTQ
    Suspension
    Webbing/DC/WS
    Images
    I'm going to go give it a test run sometime today. I need a break from all this packing and moving schtuff.
    -->dvis.

Hammock
    UNO Double Nest
    Tarp
    OES 10 X 12
    Insulation
    MW3 & Hudson River
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Thanks, everyone!!!! dvisic, please post a report of your trial run today...

Arvis

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    3S CrowsNest DIYTQ
    Suspension
    Webbing/DC/WS
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Arvis View Post
    Thanks, everyone!!!! dvisic, please post a report of your trial run today...
    I didn't get to it until fairly late in the day, so I can only give initial impressions. In the next couple of days, I'll try to rope in a friend to lie in it so I can see it from the outside.

Initial impressions: it seems to fit the DoubleNest fine, lengthwise. The trick with using the whoopie sling tails to hold the small d-rings at either end works fine, but I may play around with shock cord prusiks or something similar--I don't like having to undo the bug net if I need to make a quick adjustment to the suspension.

All in all, it felt pretty roomy...but it felt a lot closer to me on the underside than the ENO bugnet I had before. I could put clothing, boots, whatever on the ground INSIDE the ENO and still have it inside the bugnet, for easy access. I don't think the WB net will interfere with an underquilt or anything, but I did notice it being a bit closer to me as I entered and exited. Inside and relaxing though, it was plenty of room for me. I'm not an overly large guy, though--6'1" and 190lbs.

Now, the pluses--the view inside was SO much better than the ENO net. I don't know what the difference in netting is, but I felt isolated in the ENO, and still a part of things in the WBBN. The material also passed air better, so I could enjoy the breeze as I gently swayed to and fro. The horizontal zipper gave me much freer entrance and egress (although I will have to get used to how to best hold the loose fabric so I can get it zipped up when fully open).

So, I like it. I may eventually regret spending the money instead of just saving up another $100 for a WBBB with the integrated net. Still, it never hurts to have a backup setup for if I want to include a friend in my travels...!

And for now it will suit me JUST fine.
    -->dvis.

Hammock
    Eno Doublenest
    Tarp
    OES Standard
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Amsteel w\MSH
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dvisic View Post
    I didn't get to it until fairly late in the day, so I can only give initial impressions. In the next couple of days, I'll try to rope in a friend to lie in it so I can see it from the outside.

Initial impressions: it seems to fit the DoubleNest fine, lengthwise. The trick with using the whoopie sling tails to hold the small d-rings at either end works fine, but I may play around with shock cord prusiks or something similar--I don't like having to undo the bug net if I need to make a quick adjustment to the suspension.

All in all, it felt pretty roomy...but it felt a lot closer to me on the underside than the ENO bugnet I had before. I could put clothing, boots, whatever on the ground INSIDE the ENO and still have it inside the bugnet, for easy access. I don't think the WB net will interfere with an underquilt or anything, but I did notice it being a bit closer to me as I entered and exited. Inside and relaxing though, it was plenty of room for me. I'm not an overly large guy, though--6'1" and 190lbs.

Now, the pluses--the view inside was SO much better than the ENO net. I don't know what the difference in netting is, but I felt isolated in the ENO, and still a part of things in the WBBN. The material also passed air better, so I could enjoy the breeze as I gently swayed to and fro. The horizontal zipper gave me much freer entrance and egress (although I will have to get used to how to best hold the loose fabric so I can get it zipped up when fully open).

So, I like it. I may eventually regret spending the money instead of just saving up another $100 for a WBBB with the integrated net. Still, it never hurts to have a backup setup for if I want to include a friend in my travels...!

And for now it will suit me JUST fine.
    Glad it worked for you. Nice piece of gear!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12