Tarp
    Eno Dry Fly
    Insulation
    Sleeping Bag
    Suspension
    1" Webbing

Considering a bb...

Hey guys,

I've been considering a black bird lately, and was wondering about the actual hammocks, the site is very confusing to me, especially concerning the hammock "stats".

I know that I want to to with the double layer, but beyond that, I don't really know. The part that is tripping me up, is where it says 1.7 oz, and then just right of it under weight, it shows 36.5oz / 40oz???

And my only other question besides that would be the difference('s) between the BBDL 1.0, the BBDL 1.1, and the BBDL 1.7.

Thanks in advance!
    Dave
    “Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe.”
    -Abe Lincoln

"There is no replacement for displacement" - Unknown

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    The different weights are for the different suspension options. The heavier weight is for all webbing suspension whereas the other weight is for a combination of webbing and cord. Here is Brandon showing the set up of the BB. He demonstrates the difference in the two suspension options.

What size are you? That will be a factor in which model to choose. I'm a big guy so I have the 1.7 Double layer.
    Last edited by Bubba; 09-02-2010 at 17:54.

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    The weight difference accounts for which suspension option you pick, the rope line or the webbing. The difference from 1.0 -> 1.1 -> 1.7 is the weight of the fabric, check out the weight range chart for which is strong enough/flat enough for your weight.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl
    Tarp
    Mamajamba camo
    Insulation
    TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by tiger1dd View Post
    Hey guys,

I've been considering a black bird lately, and was wondering about the actual hammocks, the site is very confusing to me, especially concerning the hammock "stats".

I know that I want to to with the double layer, but beyond that, I don't really know. The part that is tripping me up, is where it says 1.7 oz, and then just right of it under weight, it shows 36.5oz / 40oz???

And my only other question besides that would be the difference('s) between the BBDL 1.0, the BBDL 1.1, and the BBDL 1.7.

Thanks in advance!
    Dave
    Tiger,

Let me try to help. The 1.7 (as well as the 1.1 and 1.0) refer to the fabric weight per square yard. The 36.5 oz / 40 oz refer to the total weight of the hammock with the two different hanging options. The adjustable webbing should be the heaviest.

If I am wrong on anything, someone will correct it immediately.

Steve

Hammock
    Eno Doublenest
    Tarp
    Eno Dry Fly
    Insulation
    Sleeping Bag
    Suspension
    1" Webbing
    That clears it all up, thanks guys!
    “Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe.”
    -Abe Lincoln

"There is no replacement for displacement" - Unknown

• + New Posts