Tarp
    MacCat DLX
    Insulation
    Sunshine
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images

Fabric Weight

Hey there hammock folk! So a quick question that I am wrestling with.

For the sake of this question lets say that the weight chart on the Warbonnet site is 100% accurate. Given that, a 1.7oz double layer hammock will hold about 300# [using the warbonnet chart]. Does it stand to reason that any combination of layers that result in or near a weight of 3.4oz per square yard [1.7 +1.7] will hold the same weight with the same lay characteristics?

ie. Would a TRIPLE layer 1.1oz [3.3] hammock act and feel like a DOUBLE layer 1.7oz?

FWIW The reason I am asking is I really don't want a green hammock, but I'm a fat guy and I want a blackbird ... I've already reached out to Brandon to see if he would make me a custom hammock and the answer was no, but I was thinking that I might be able to BEG him to make me a triple layer 1.1oz
    At sea, I learned how little a person needs, not how much.

– Robin Lee Graham

Hammock
    DIY dbl 1.1
    Tarp
    DIY hex
    Insulation
    DIY 3 season tq+uq
    Suspension
    webbing, again
    Images
    I don't know, but it stands to reason.

My favorite hammock is a DIY dbl 1.1 with DWR so it's a little slick. My least favorite thing about it is the two layers sliding out of position while I'm getting in to it. 3 layers I think would be worse and you run the risk of 1 layer being a little tighter than the other two, which would affect the lay of it and possibly damage it.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl
    Tarp
    Mamajamba camo
    Insulation
    TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing

Color problem?

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryNomad View Post
    Hey there hammock folk! So a quick question that I am wrestling with.

For the sake of this question lets say that the weight chart on the Warbonnet site is 100% accurate. Given that, a 1.7oz double layer hammock will hold about 300# [using the warbonnet chart]. Does it stand to reason that any combination of layers that result in or near a weight of 3.4oz per square yard [1.7 +1.7] will hold the same weight with the same lay characteristics?

ie. Would a TRIPLE layer 1.1oz [3.3] hammock act and feel like a DOUBLE layer 1.7oz?

FWIW The reason I am asking is I really don't want a green hammock, but I'm a fat guy and I want a blackbird ... I've already reached out to Brandon to see if he would make me a custom hammock and the answer was no, but I was thinking that I might be able to BEG him to make me a triple layer 1.1oz
    At one time, Brandon would make a combo two layer (one with 1.1 and one with 1.7.) If you're only concerned about the outside color (or only the inside?) you could inquire. Maybe he would consider adding the coyote brown1.0 to the double 1.7...

Frankly, I weigh about 245 adn having one that holds me is more important than the color. But then, I love my 1.7 dbl.

Good luck!

• + New Posts