WB Ridgerunner or a gathered-end
    Tarp
    Waterproof
    Insulation
    Down underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    There are several nice, very large sites (ie room for at least 50 hammocks, maybe more) on the Sheltowee a couple miles North of Gladie, which had plenty of water last weekend.
    That would open several dayhike options, including the Indian Staircase area and Lost Branch/Osborne Bend trails. No fires were up there yet, though Krugd and I met a couple fire fighters on their way up there to check out a report...
    --Scott <><

"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found, which are invariably beautiful... because, in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing things they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...." --Robert Traver

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Custom OES
    Insulation
    DIM UQ NoSniv TQ
    Suspension
    JRB Triglide/strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bonsaihiker View Post
    There are several nice, very large sites (ie room for at least 50 hammocks, maybe more) on the Sheltowee a couple miles North of Gladie, which had plenty of water last weekend.
    That would open several dayhike options, including the Indian Staircase area and Lost Branch/Osborne Bend trails. No fires were up there yet, though Krugd and I met a couple fire fighters on their way up there to check out a report...
    Are you talking about the one at the big sandy area with the swimming hole? Yea, that is my all time favorite spot, if the stream in that area dries up, I'll seriously worry. I don't remember there being that many close together campsites there, even for us! But Yea, we could get that many within a few hundred yards.

I am very OK with going there!
    When you have a backpack on, no matter where you are, you’re home.
    PAIN is INEVITABLE. MISERY is OPTIONAL.

Hammock
    dbl layer SBPro &amp; GT Nano 7
    Tarp
    Funky Forest Tarp
    Insulation
    no sew SPE/ Sb Uq
    Suspension
    tree sling/huggers
    Images
    There is a couple of nice sites around Rockbridge with alot of hanging sites at least there was the last time I was down there for a dayhike and hammock chillin time.
    Chris

Hammock
    Tarp
    Waterproof
    Insulation
    Down underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctari View Post
    Are you talking about the one at the big sandy area with the swimming hole? Yea, that is my all time favorite spot, if the stream in that area dries up, I'll seriously worry. I don't remember there being that many close together campsites there, even for us! But Yea, we could get that many within a few hundred yards.

I am very OK with going there!
    Actually, I'm talking about farther down, another 1/4 mile or so, on the other side of the stream, but that site is also good. Especially in the summer heat, the swimming hole would be a very nice place to hang.
    --Scott <><

"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found, which are invariably beautiful... because, in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing things they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...." --Robert Traver

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Custom OES
    Insulation
    DIM UQ NoSniv TQ
    Suspension
    JRB Triglide/strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bonsaihiker View Post
    Actually, I'm talking about farther down, another 1/4 mile or so, on the other side of the stream, but that site is also good. Especially in the summer heat, the swimming hole would be a very nice place to hang.
    I forgot about that one, nice site! Should be ample water too.
    When you have a backpack on, no matter where you are, you’re home.
    PAIN is INEVITABLE. MISERY is OPTIONAL.

Hammock
    HH Hyperlight
    Tarp
    Winter Dream Vs. 2
    Insulation
    Yeti 3 Season
    Suspension
    Whoopie w/ Biner
    Images
    Sorry, everyone I was moving this weekend. Back at work now with internet..

I for one was in agreeance with the Poochie Falls Idea. I am partial to the hike around Rock Bridge and up Swift Camp Creek. So that gets my vote.

Either Camp at Rock Bridge one night and Poochie Falls the next...-... Or both at Poochie Falls is fine with me..

Doc, Ridgid and Bonsi you guys now more then me about this so I appreciate you all weighing in ..

I am very hopefull this hang will be a success.

"dirt"
    “Our ordinary mind always tries to persuade us that we are nothing but acorns and that our greatest happiness will be to become bigger, fatter, shinier acorns; but that is of interest only to pigs. Our faith gives us knowledge of something better: that we can become oak trees.”

E. F. Schumacher

Hammock
    dbl layer SBPro &amp; GT Nano 7
    Tarp
    Funky Forest Tarp
    Insulation
    no sew SPE/ Sb Uq
    Suspension
    tree sling/huggers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pak-Man View Post
    Sorry, everyone I was moving this weekend. Back at work now with internet..

I for one was in agreeance with the Poochie Falls Idea. I am partial to the hike around Rock Bridge and up Swift Camp Creek. So that gets my vote.

Either Camp at Rock Bridge one night and Poochie Falls the next...-... Or both at Poochie Falls is fine with me..

Doc, Ridgid and Bonsi you guys now more then me about this so I appreciate you all weighing in ..

I am very hopefull this hang will be a success.

"dirt"
    Doc and Bonsai know more about the gorge than I. The Rockbridge area is just one of my favorite spots in the gorge due to alot of great childhood memories.
    Chris

Hammock
    Tarp
    Waterproof
    Insulation
    Down underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Well, wherever this happens, I hope you all have a good time. I'm afraid I regretfully have to back out of this event. Too bad, I was really looking forward to it.

I just found out that my wife's family is going to be able to come for Thanksgiving--9 people will be arriving Wednesday and leaving Sunday! If things get too cramped, I might try to weasel my way out to the Gorge, but honestly I'm really happy everyone is coming and am looking forward to a full, happy house on the holiday.
    --Scott <><

Hammock
    HH Hyperlight
    Tarp
    Winter Dream Vs. 2
    Insulation
    Yeti 3 Season
    Suspension
    Whoopie w/ Biner
    Images
    I am sorry that you cant make it Bonsai...

Enjoy the family..
    “Our ordinary mind always tries to persuade us that we are nothing but acorns and that our greatest happiness will be to become bigger, fatter, shinier acorns; but that is of interest only to pigs. Our faith gives us knowledge of something better: that we can become oak trees.”

E. F. Schumacher

Hammock
    Tarp
    Waterproof
    Insulation
    Down underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Thanks, I will enjoy them. We won't be able to make it home over Christmas, so this is it.

Hey!!!!!!!!!!!

How about a Christmas Hang!

just kidding.......
    --Scott <><

• + New Posts
  • Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast