Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hammock UQ

Hammock UQ

Hey I was wondering if anybody new where to find a very inexpensive underquilt.

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    Define inexpensive.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

well it would be great if one existed for under $100, but I'm sure such a thing doesn't exist

Hammock
    BB1.0 double
    Tarp
    Hybrid Cuben F.
    Insulation
    Down & IX
    Suspension
    BB straps,whoopies
    under $100, only if you make it!!! There are some fantastic directions on this site for making your own and when you do make one, it's already custom-ized for you. Course if you do decide to make one, you realize real quick why all the ones for sale are so expensive. There's quite a bit of work involved in those.

alrighty thanks for your help

Hammock
    WBBB Dbl 1.0
    Tarp
    Nothing atm....
    Insulation
    Costco down throws
    Suspension
    WBBB Line/Strap
    Images
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=7969 is going to be 120 bucks when mrprez starts selling it.

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    Hex
    Insulation
    survival tubes
    Images

$35 underquilt

I've been using a survival tube (opened up so it looks like a blanket) as my underquilt for the past 6 months. It's only $35, it reflects most of my body heat back to me, it weighs about a pound, is easy to set up and it packs down to to the size of a small baseball mitt. I add a 2nd tube as an overcover when the temperature drops below 55 (that's another $35 investment....not bad for a cocoon that actually keeps you warm, repels water & wind.....and doesn't require any sewing. I've posted some pictures in my gallery. Note: this is the green survival tube BPS-08 (not the survival bag) available from www.ps-med.com. Further info is at www.Blizzardsurvival.com.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB!
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    JRB HR (2)
    Prolly could order a sheet of climashield (or two) and pack it in a bag, then use a neat sheet modded for hanging to hold it against the bottom of the hammock - or two neat sheets sandwiched with material between. Would be bulky and not pack down very small tho. Leaving an end open to adjust layers would allow you to make it a summer quilt on demand.

Not sure how inexpensive you are looking for, but I am selling a Ray Way Quilt for $ 125. Nearly new, used on three trips.

Tm

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    WB Lynx, HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Bugs
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdofprey View Post
    I've been using a survival tube (opened up so it looks like a blanket) as my underquilt for the past 6 months. It's only $35, it reflects most of my body heat back to me, it weighs about a pound, is easy to set up and it packs down to to the size of a small baseball mitt. I add a 2nd tube as an overcover when the temperature drops below 55 (that's another $35 investment....not bad for a cocoon that actually keeps you warm, repels water & wind.....and doesn't require any sewing. I've posted some pictures in my gallery. Note: this is the green survival tube BPS-08 (not the survival bag) available from www.ps-med.com. Further info is at www.Blizzardsurvival.com.
    Honestly, I don't know why this forum is not making a bigger deal about this. It's pretty revolutionary in terms of weight/warmth/price. Bird of prey is on to something big. I'm going to order two of these and see if I can do what B of P has done.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast