Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned
    Images

SOLD: Poison Pot, Mini Bongo, Bongo simmer top, Choke Hazard, pot stand

Hello All,

Okie, more cleaning up of stuff I never use...

Basically, this offer is for somebody looking to try a lot of different UL stoves that MBD offers. There is more here than a person needs, so the idea is to try them all, find one you like, and sell the rest of them, or, do a 'pass-it-along' to others here at HF.

Here is what I am offering, it's an "all or nothing" package

MBD Poison Pot -- heavily used every day for three months. 80% original condition, standard flame scars on wrap, missing the lid (I have no idea where along the trail I lost it, and you can get a new one from MBD for five bucks) -- This product is not available from MBD at this time.

MBD Mini Bongo -- I used this once, indoors. Cute little sucker. It takes 10-12 minutes to soft-boil a full MBD Poison Pot of water and about 1.5-2 ounces. I was never able to get it to do a hard-boil of anything more than 8 ounces of water. Meh. This will come with the stupid little micro-tubing that tinny decided to use, and the fuel bottle.

MBD Bongo simmer top -- This came with my Bongo Pro. I have zero purpose for this and cannot see any reason to lug it along with the normal bongo pro kit I carry.

MBD Choke Hazard -- Ok, this will be hard to give up, but, I rarely use it. Without a doubt one of the most awesome truly SUL stoves that exist. I love this sucker. It just requires a bit more 'pay attention factor' than what I care to give a stove. I like to start a stove and setup camp. With this little guy, there is constant refilling. Love it... I really really do!!... but it just does not fit into the mix of how I do things.

Four loop ultra lite pot stand -- This is the standard pot stand for the MBD CH and all the other stoves listed above. The only difference is that I cut out some of the supporting wires. It comes with only one notch cut out... that makes it almost impossible to use and I do not understand it. Thus, I cut out a few more to make it easier to get the tubing to fit without having to feed it through a little hole in the wires or have the MBD CH line get all messed up. Trust me, its better this way.

Hodgepodge -- Okie, the one thing in this deal that I did not directly pay for. Somebody sent me an older (very much older) "top" that must have been an early version of the "pongo pro simmer top". All I got was the top. However, I have attached it to a 'replacement silicone tube' (the big blue thing) and attached the standard blue fuel tubing to it... and than attached a solid "base" that I had sitting around. This is a total hodgepodge of different "stuff" I just had sitting around and wanted to get rid of. I am not factoring any of this stuff into the price. Try it and enjoy it. If you really enjoy it, use it and give the other stoves away - totally up to you.

Oh, and yes... the plastic zip-lock will be included too It is how MBD packages most of the stoves I get from them lately, so... a little humor passed along.

Here is a photograph of what you will be getting:

Top-row:

Choke Hazard
    Fuel bottle
    Fuel bottle cap
    Mini Bongo
    Bongo simmer top
    A plastic bag - giggle

Bottom-row:
    Pot stand
    hodgepodge setup
    Poison Pot (minus the elusive lid)

Not pictured:

I will make sure that all of the stoves have fresh Carbon-Felt wick... I have enough that I can throw some in each of them - even though some of them did not come with it.

Retail new on this stuff would be: $125

So, lets do $65 and it is yours.

Price includes shipping CONUS.

PayPal "personal-gift" only (I have a business paypal account, so it has to be a "personal gift" else I get charged a fee)

I am really bummed I cannot offer the Poison Pot without a lid. Believe me when I say I was pretty pissed when I realized I'd lost it. If you find a Poison Pot lid in the middle of the Redwoods... it's gotta be mine

(...wow, posting these for-sale posts really do take a long time...)

Anyway, that's about it. Sweet deal for somebody looking to get their hands on a mixture of MBD UL stoves!

John
    Last edited by Redwood Guy; 09-05-2010 at 12:35. Reason: added offer of carbon-felt wick

• + New Posts