DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    It all feels light to me .....until food is added!
    I did all the UL thing .....fun to do and research but not comfy enough in the long run.
    Plus.... on this trip it was a shoulder season and we were going to get a lot of different weather and my goal is to be warm, stay vibrant and do the distance.
    I would say I am lightweight ... maybe not UL. A 23 pound pack for 8 days is allright for my back. Cameras, cigars, my tea candle lantern and my saw ....used 'em all and was happy to have them along. My entourage.
    Every trip I pack for differ a bit depending on the trip ..........
    Shug
    23lbs for 8 days is a really good weight if you ask me...
    i like alot of the gear you take ,i always say if your going to use it...take it
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

Hammock
    1.1 Blackbird or Traveler SL
    Tarp
    OES Deluxe Cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti - all seasons
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    Images
    I agree 23lbs for 8 days is very impressive. I hope to be in that range by next May 2011 when I finish off the NY AT section all 55 miles of it.
    "If you give a monkey a gun and he shoots someone, you dont blame the monkey"

The end of the world is not coming in December, it is happening now in my living room. - TFC Rick

http://watermonkey.net/

Youtube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/RaulPerez1?feature=mhee

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlespaul View Post
    23lbs for 8 days is a really good weight if you ask me...
    i like alot of the gear you take ,i always say if your going to use it...take it
    I hate when I don't bring my saw as I always use it. Sometimes just to clean and dress the trail a bit.
    And my tea candle lantern just makes camp feel civil.
    Crocs ...... dorky yes but like walking on moss at the end of the day. I got trail runners now so on my next trip ( in 4 or 5 days!!!) I will see it trail runner only will cut it. I am skeptical.
    Already planning my pack and kit.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by Raul Perez View Post
    I agree 23lbs for 8 days is very impressive. I hope to be in that range by next May 2011 when I finish off the NY AT section all 55 miles of it.
    I think you can get to that weight Raul....
    heck i remember you original gear videos from survivalistboards...you came a long way young jedi

i think at the weight you at now Raul your pretty good..maybe a tweek here or there and you shoud hit your goal weight

Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    I hate when I don't bring my saw as I always use it. Sometimes just to clean and dress the trail a bit.
    And my tea candle lantern just makes camp feel civil.
    Crocs ...... dorky yes but like walking on moss at the end of the day. I got trail runners now so on my next trip ( in 4 or 5 days!!!) I will see it trail runner only will cut it. I am skeptical.
    Already planning my pack and kit.
    Shug
    Shug i'v been using trail runners now for 2 years and love them....i think you will like them as well..you just need to be more carefull of where you are stepping ...so you don't twist an ankle

i take my saw every once in a while .....i mix and match my blades every trip
    i made a pair of UL slippers out of a CCF pad...but i alway forget to take them

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Shug i'v been using trail runners now for 2 years and love them....i think you will like them as well..you just need to be more carefull of where you are stepping ...so you don't twist an ankle

i take my saw every once in a while .....i mix and match my blades every trip
    i made a pair of UL slippers out of a CCF pad...but i alway forget to take them
    Planning on using my T2-Ankle Braces with them. My old ball joints are poor in that area..... football and circus and basic young-feller foolishness.!!!!!
    Shgug

Hammock
    Dutch netless 9ft
    Tarp
    Zpack cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix UQ/ JRB TQ
    Suspension
    mule tape
    Is there a "trick" to wearing trail runners? It seems like part of the deal is wet feet. do you use special socks? Make a special effort to avoid puddles? Put plastic bags on your feet and walk on your hands when its raining? My feet take a pounding in my reasonably light weight boots.

I REALLY like the idea, I'm just worried about trying something new and radical.

My dream is to find something as cushy as crocs with a sole that's as stiff as a hiking boot and as protective too.
    "A bore is a man who deprives you of solitude without providing you with company." Gian Vincenzo Gravina (1664 - 1718)

Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Planning on using my T2-Ankle Braces with them. My old ball joints are poor in that area..... football and circus and basic young-feller foolishness.!!!!!
    Shgug
    i think you should be fine shug....
    have you picked a pair out yet?

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I just accept wet feet as a by-product of hiking in rain and wet conditions for a whole day.
    Part of the game!
    That is why I value dry camp socks and footwear in camp.
    Shug

Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by CrankyOldGuy View Post
    Is there a "trick" to wearing trail runners? It seems like part of the deal is wet feet. do you use special socks? Make a special effort to avoid puddles? Put plastic bags on your feet and walk on your hands when its raining? My feet take a pounding in my reasonably light weight boots.

I REALLY like the idea, I'm just worried about trying something new and radical.

My dream is to find something as cushy as crocs with a sole that's as stiff as a hiking boot and as protective too.
    No real trick to them ...i mean..i'v had wet feet may of times..it's one of the drawbacks of using trail runners
    you could get waterproof socks....or use bags...but i just go without...in the summer it's not bad at all you feet dry out fast
    the only time i have a problem with my feet getting wet is in the morning from dew on grass...change out your socks at lunch ...the TR will dry out as you walk

now with rain...you are going to have wet feet
    you could get a pair of trail runners that are gor-tex ...or waterproof...they do make them...but i just deal with the wet feet
    if it looks like rain i take 2 bread bags with me...and use them

right now i'm using new balance All terrain 479 they breath real well
    and i spray them down with waterproofing once in a while...that helps alot
    with dew on grass

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast