WBBB 1.1 dbl + TTTG Switchback
    Tarp
    OES SpinnUL 11x10
    Insulation
    Nest, Hudson River
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Stingerz
    Quote Originally Posted by avi View Post
    Did you use any plans or diagrams to assist? I am thinking of making them myself.
    I think I saw some plans somewhere on this forum - can't remember exactly where. Might have been info from HC4U or AS. Check the articles section.

Basically, you need a piece of fabric the length of your hammock or tarp when it is rolled up and/or a tad longer if you prefer. Be sure to also include enough length for the end seams. On my last set, I used 13-inches wide by length of my OES tarp, plus 4 inches. Cut on a diagonal with small end at 4-inches and large end at 9-inches. This is pretty tight on small end - you might want to try 14" wide and cut 5" x 9". Finish ends with a flat seam and then overlay and sew on grosgrain leaving a channel on outer edge for inserting a plastic wire tie to give the ends a shape. Insert wire ties. Make sure wire ties are short enough that you can run the long edge seam across the ends without hitting the wire tie.
    Overlay long edges and finish with a single straight stitch flat seam. This is the tricky part since you are sewing the diagonal. Keep the fabric tight or it will not be a smooth match along the full length of the skin. Next, overlay the grosgrain on the long edge and run a straight stitch as close to the inside edge as you are comfortable with. ( I first tried using an iron to get a nice edge on the fold of the grosgrain, but found out I could do just as well by keeping a tight hold on the fold as it fed into the thread injector. ) Then run another stitch further out toward the outer edge of the grosgrain. Be sure the grosgrain extends over the ends and oversew the closures at each end.
    My sets are a little loose on the tarp and my WBBB when I pull them on, but it lets them expand a little after they are sleeved.

Hope this helps. Took me 3 tries to get a decent set - and I gave that one to my son for his HULBA. Practice makes almost perfect!
    Rockdawg69

It's a long way to the top if you want to Rock and Roll ----- those hills!!!

Professional Prevaricator: Part-time dealer in Yarns, Tales, Half-Truths, & Outright Lies -1st half-hour session at no cost (Lawyers and Doctors excepted).

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Great advice Rockdawg!

Here's a link to HC4U's no-seeum skins writeup.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dbl + TTTG Switchback
    Tarp
    OES SpinnUL 11x10
    Insulation
    Nest, Hudson River
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Stingerz
    Quote Originally Posted by angrysparrow View Post
    Great advice Rockdawg!

Here's a link to HC4U's no-seeum skins writeup.
    Thanks. And thanks for the link. Might need to review that a little closer this time
    Rockdawg69

It's a long way to the top if you want to Rock and Roll ----- those hills!!!

Professional Prevaricator: Part-time dealer in Yarns, Tales, Half-Truths, & Outright Lies -1st half-hour session at no cost (Lawyers and Doctors excepted).

Hammock
    Skeeter Beeter Pro
    Tarp
    Guide Gear 12x12
    Suspension
    Whoopie to Webbing

Thanks for the info

Thanks for the info...looks like I got another project on my hands.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12