Tarp
    Bigred's custom
    Insulation
    Bigred's UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Cinch/Web
    Images

Kermsuh and Ryder Lake, Uintas

My son and I went up to the Uintas Friday afternoon. Last year we went up to the Red Castle Lakes and I decided to try somewhere else this year. We arrived at the Christmas Meadows trailhead around 5:30pm and made our way up to Kermsuh Lake just after it became dark. We set up camp, did some star gazing and called it a night.

In the middle of the night I started feeling real queasy and after a while jumped out of my hammock and began blowing chunks. If there were animals around, I am sure I scared them off. In the morning I checked out the art work I left on the ground and let's just say I now think I have food poisoning from the McD's in Evanston...."would you like fries with that"). During the hike up I started getting blisters on the back of my heels, not sure why... same shoes I have worn on several hikes with no problem...starting out to be a great trip.

Woke up Saturday morning and was amazed at the scenery, took several shots and started walking around the lake. Jeremy met up with me about a third of the way around, we sat around for a little bit, then walked the rest of the way around the lake back to our camp site. We packed up and headed out to Ryder Lake.

We stopped at the fork and saw another small group who said they were also headed up to Ryder Lake and then Kermsuh the next night. As we made our way up there were a group of four horses in the meadow. We arrived at Ryder Lake and I was blown away at the scenery. We set up camp. The weather had been completely clear, but we started getting some strong winds for several hours from all sides. My blisters by this time were blisters three times over.

We chilled out the rest of the night, luckily the winds stopped after the sun went down (as I expected). We woke up Sunday morning and found out there were at least four other groups of campers around us. We packed up, took some pictures and headed out.

As far as scenery is concerned, Ryder Lake rivals that of Red Castle Lake. The trail on the other hand was not the most enjoyable hiking I've ever done (sure the blisters didn't help). Overall, I enjoyed myself and was glad we took the trip.

Now where to go next year?

http://picasaweb.google.com/jeb1972/...borDayWeekend#

By the way....is there any way to post the slideshow from Picasa to play directly into a post?
    Bigred

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Leigh's UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Treestrap
    Nice trip report! Those are some really fantastic pictures of some awesome scenery. Looks like you had a good trip despite the food poisoning and blisters. That picture of you heel made me wince. You mentioned using the same shoes before. How about your socks. Were they different than what you wore before? Possibly cotton?
    Terry

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Giddy am I after reading a good projectile vomit opening on a trip report.
    Stunning scenery and the heel made me almost spew!!!!!!
    A right goodie.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    Chinook 9.6x9.6
    Insulation
    AH New River UQ
    Suspension
    Came with the BB
    Images
    Wow, great trip report, vomit and all. I have family out there, so that gives me an excuse to go there...I hope they still like me.
    I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority. - E. B. White (1899 - 1985)

• + New Posts