Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    Tropical weather
    Suspension
    Straps and knots

Looking for advice on hangle etc

Hello all
    I'm looking for advice on my setup. I have a ten foot Dreamhammock sparrow. When setting up, I find if I set to 30 degree angle the ridgeline will be very tight indeed and I will have some fabric flapping in my face. I find this angle quite uncomfortable on my back (pain in lower back after some time). I can increase the angle to make lying down more comfortable, but then I will get quite a ridge under the legs. Any advice here would be gratefully received. Not sure if it's just my body (as I am quite short and don't lie on my back in bed), or some issue with setup
    Thanks all and greetings from Indonesia
    Attached Images Attached Images

Kingdom of the Netherlands, Noord-Brabant
    Hammock
    DD Hammocks Superlight range
    Tarp
    DD Superlight
    Insulation
    underblanket
    Suspension
    whoopie slings?
    Shug's got a video on calf ridges, maybe that has some good advice.
    I am no expert at all, but things I would look at:
    - does laying less diagonal help?
    - does adjusting the angle of the whole setup help: put the feet-end higher than the front, experiment with this a bit. in your pictures you have already done this. maybe a bit too much? 10ft is 3 meter, it should be enough i think, but if you are too much to the front then the feet end is almost 1 meter of unused space..
    - i tend to lay a bit on my side, with one leg bent. this makes for a delicate balance, but i find it to be comfortable (sometimes not for the foot of the bent leg because there is quite a bit of force on it at times)

maybe the hammock is too narrow for you?

Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D
    Try an 11 foot hammock, or to further reduce CRP-calf ridge pressure try a 12 foot hammock.

I went from an ENO (short hammock) to an 11 foot hammock and noticed an increase in overall comfort.
    Then I got a 12 footer and noticed immediate increase in comfort and almost complete elimination of CRP or pain under legs.

You might experience the same results.
    Good luck

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Redvers, that 30° is a starting place. I’d adjust the suspenion length (you’ll need to raise it higher in the tree to keep the same sit height above ground), so you have some slack in that ridgeline. It shouldn’t be guitar string tight when you are sitting in the hammock (but, it might seem loose at that setting when you are out of the hammock). Just remember that you are starting at a set of distance and then adjusting for your body/comfort level. Depending upon the particular hammock, the “fabric in face” issue is not unusual. It’s not that you have to live with it. It’s just a phenomenon of the geometery of the hammock and your particular diagonal lie. I sometimes use a small camp pillow either up at my head to hold the fabric side away, or the small pillow goes under one knee, adding support and eliminating calf ridge. I usually don’t have the pillow direclty under my neck unless I can move the fill to the sides so it doesn’t “lift” too much in the middle. If it does, it tilts my head too much.

There is the option of a larger hammock. You didn’t say how tall you were. I’m under 5’6” and I’m okay in 10 and 11 ft hammocks. For a while I had a Hennessy Survivor (no longer made) that was about 12 ft. I needed a GPS to find my way out of it.
    Last edited by cougarmeat; 04-05-2022 at 12:54.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Quote Originally Posted by Redvers View Post
    Hello all
    I'm looking for advice on my setup. I have a ten foot Dreamhammock sparrow. When setting up, I find if I set to 30 degree angle the ridgeline will be very tight indeed and I will have some fabric flapping in my face. I find this angle quite uncomfortable on my back (pain in lower back after some time). I can increase the angle to make lying down more comfortable, but then I will get quite a ridge under the legs. Any advice here would be gratefully received. Not sure if it's just my body (as I am quite short and don't lie on my back in bed), or some issue with setup
    What are the bags on the zipper

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Redvers View Post
    Hello all
    Have you tried side-sleeping it it?
    Shug

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Dreamhammock sparrow
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    Tropical weather
    Suspension
    Straps and knots
    Great tips from everyone. Thanks a lot for taking the time! This forum is a wonderful source of knowledge.

• + New Posts