Yeti JRB WestMtg
    Suspension
    webbing, Dutchclip
    Images
    That's slick! Thanks for posting.
    Exercise, eat right, die anyway -- Country Roads bumper sticker
    Fall seven times, standup eight. -- Japanese Proverb

Images
    keep in mind that if it's too loose, an air gap can open (at the head end esp.) and vent your heat out

Hammock
    WB BB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    MacCat Dlx SpinnUL
    Insulation
    Phoenix/Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I'm not much help since my Yeti doesn't really move out of place. I occasionally have to pull it up on my "outside" shoulder but otherwise its quite stable.
    "The more I carry the happier I am in camp; the less I carry the happier I am getting there" - Sgt. Rock

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat SpinnUL
    Insulation
    Yeti / Ultra 20
    Suspension
    Straps/Biners
    Thanks everyone, I'll play around with those different ideas and see which works best for me!

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    3 SEASON YETI
    Suspension
    Webbing and buckle
    Images

Wrong End On Top?

I was having such an issue last year on my 10 day hike. Wind blowing snow.(more like a 7-eleven slushy), tarp was taking a beating and I was cold and uncomfortable. I got out and realized the 3 season Yeti was on upside down. Put the foot end where it belongs and the head end in the appropiate place and Shaazammmm instant warmth and sleep!

Might take a look at that. The little pearl button goes on the head end I believe. It has been several months since I have had it out.

BEAS
    BEAS
    From the Great Southern state of
    TENNESSEE
    Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less. General Robert E. Lee

Hammock
    Darien 11'
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UnderGround Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyCamper View Post
    You can add more cord to the Yeti suspension so it isn't quite so tight and see if that helps. Instead of hanging mine around the gathered end of the hammock, I attach it to the suspension cords that came with my JRB quilts to give me some extra lenght. This helps me.

Paul sells triangle thingies on his Arrowhead Equipment website. Ya have to read the thread and see the pictures to understand how they work.

I've also added loops and mitten hooks to hammocks and UQ to keep quilts from slipping off shoulder.
    +1 for the Triangle Thinges, keeps my AHE KAQ Lost River right in place.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BEAS View Post
    I was having such an issue last year on my 10 day hike. Wind blowing snow.(more like a 7-eleven slushy), tarp was taking a beating and I was cold and uncomfortable. I got out and realized the 3 season Yeti was on upside down. Put the foot end where it belongs and the head end in the appropiate place and Shaazammmm instant warmth and sleep!

Might take a look at that. The little pearl button goes on the head end I believe. It has been several months since I have had it out.

BEAS
    I'm lucky in that respect. My Climashield "Yeti" has a zipper that is on the bottom (ground side) of the foot end. Despite that, I think one time, in a hurry, I put it on upside down. Soon I'm thinking "you know, this thing just really is not as good as I thought!"

Luckily I finally got out to see what the heck the problem was. Seeing the zipper up near the hammock instead of closer to ground quickly cleared up what the problem was. User error, the problem was me!

BTW, word to the wise: it does not work worth a **** if put on either upside down, or foot/head end reversed, or both!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 Trpl
    Tarp
    ZPacks Cuben
    Insulation
    GoLite Ultra 20
    Suspension
    1/8" Whoopie Sling
    Images
    I had the same problem with my HammockGear Crowsnest. I did two things and have slept in it the past several nights with no slippage.

1. Offset the shockcord on the entrance side. Once you have the UQ installed under the hammock, take the shockcord that goes on the head ends and give it some extra slack to the entrance side where your shoulder will stick out more on an assymetrical lay. Then do the reverse on the foot end, giving some extra slack towards the footbox. This will make the quilt lay ever so assymetrical in line with how you'll be laying.

2. I then installed a "Te-wa mod" that he puts on all of his UQs. He adds a small piece of shock cord to the side where your shoulder will extend on the entrance side (where you just gave some slack). He attaches a mitten hook to a small piece of the shock cord and then attaches the mitten hook to the pullout on the entrance side of the WBBB. This keeps the shoulder end of the UQ permanently "attached" to the outside so that it won't slip out from under you.

You can see a YouTube video of it here in which Te-Wa demonstrates how it works. It's 0:48 seconds into the video.

Doing both of these worked like a charm for me and has eliminated any issues I had.
    Last edited by Triptease; 09-10-2010 at 14:52.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1SL/UKHamm
    Tarp
    HG Cuben 4S/CamoSF
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WhoopieDutchness
    Have you tried putting the shockcord over the footbox ? Slipping it over the top of the FB has kept it nice and secure for me.

Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by Shewie View Post
    Have you tried putting the shockcord over the footbox ? Slipping it over the top of the FB has kept it nice and secure for me.
    that what i do and i never had a problem with my UQ slipping off...it does sometimes slide down alittle off my shoulder...but it's not a problem
    and i usually don't notice till i wake up to water the grass

you could just super glue it in place

or get some mitten hooks...and a small piece os shockcord ...and make something like the te-wa quilts have..that would be cheapest way...probly cost you nothing if you have the stuff at home...maybe $5...or less
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast