Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Great job on the refined GrizzBridge! Once people sleep in a bridge hammock, I think most people will prefer it.

I was thinking this bridge looks broader for it's depth at the head end. I really like that! My most comfortable bridge hammock is similarly broad for it's depth.

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Ariel
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    So if you used hiking poles, this whole kit would weigh 8.55 oz? That's an awesome weight, especially for a full-length zippered bug net and 1.9 osy fabric. Kudos to Grizz of the Third Person.
    Grizz isn't sure where 8.55 comes from, but confesses the text was not as clear as it might be. Without the spreader bars the bagged hammock comes in at 15.3 oz (although truth be told that does not include huggers, since with the advent of ADHT (Advanced Dutch Hugger Technology) one can make that weight very small. Use a hiking pole and the package comes in an ounce or two more than a pound.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk-eye View Post
    Gotta change countries to do it but can wait to see another Grizz production myself!

And I'm not even a Bridge Head ...
    Perhaps we can cure that character defect! If I can gin up low res versions of the vids quickly tomorrow a.m. I'll slip them to you as we did before...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmoss View Post
    Maybe it's my setup, but the audio is too low for me to really hear what you are saying. I made sure that I had both the laptop sound all the way up and the video's sound bar all the way maxed. I am also a bit hard of hearing. Maybe on a different computer I can hear you better...
    EH? What you say?

Sorry about the audio, I didn't spend the time to adjust the volume on every clip. Shoulda done, an awful lot of variation there.

Quote Originally Posted by ikemouser View Post
    Grizz:

I could not have asked for a better invitation to bridge hammocks. Amazing job Grizz!
    Consider a bridge hammock ikemouser, consider...

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Another great set of vids Grizz.
    Thanks Dutch. I'll know you really like it when you start shilling clones of it.

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Grizz, that looks wider at the mid section than the one you made me. Is it really or is it a trick of the camera?
    This is 30" wide at the middle. I forget what you have. Let's go offline on a wide model.

Quote Originally Posted by beep View Post
    Very nice job, Grizz...both the video and the bridge hammock!
    Thanks Beep. Make you wish you had one

Quote Originally Posted by angrysparrow View Post
    Spectacular project, Grizz...

Do you happen to have a still photo of the corners where the zipper goes 'round?
    Don't right now, but I'll pop it up tomorrow before bringing it to the post office and get a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowBro View Post
    You had me until you got to rolling up the bug net. Can't you make that spring loaded like a tapemeasure. It would be so much more convenient.
    -Mark
    Tried that but it kept snapping my fingers

Thanks for the comments all...
    Grizz
    (alias ProfessorHammock on youtube)

Oak Ridge & Linville Gorge, North Carolina
    Hammock
    HHE, 2QZQ Mod4, Jerry 5 DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/SFly Camo
    Insulation
    HammockGear Prod.
    Suspension
    Use them all!
    Images
    That's mighty nice pal but I'll be in Thailand on the 14th ... it'll be a treat to look forward to after that long flight ... and for the record ... missed having some Grizz vid's to see lately!

WARNING: Will discuss Rhurbarb Strawberry Pie and Livermush at random.

"A democracy is two wolves and a small lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." ... B.Franklin

Home of the Gorge Rats: Linville Gorge
    My Videos YouTube Channel
    Photo collections Flickr Photostream

Gorge Rat Productions On FaceBook

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY 11x10
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & down bag
    Great show. Glad to see your latest creation. I've got to get that bridge in the basement finished.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    Ahhh, Grizz. Ever the professor. Another nice set of videos.

Now I have a bridge, and I still prefer my Warbonnet BB. Maybe one of yours with the shorter sides than the JRB would work. I like the lay in a bridge, but don't like not being able to see over the sides when I'm in it. When you hear something rustling around your camp at night, I know I like to peak out and see what it is without sitting all the way up. I've seen your earlier versions of the bridge, curious to see the latest on some future hang. Maybe I have to come visit the Grizz household again on my cross-country tour I'm making shortly, just to see what's cooking in that sewing room of yours!

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Ariel
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fin View Post

Now I have a bridge, and I still prefer my Warbonnet BB. Maybe one of yours with the shorter sides than the JRB would work. I like the lay in a bridge, but don't like not being able to see over the sides when I'm in it. When you hear something rustling around your camp at night, I know I like to peak out and see what it is without sitting all the way up. I've seen your earlier versions of the bridge, curious to see the latest on some future hang. Maybe I have to come visit the Grizz household again on my cross-country tour I'm making shortly, just to see what's cooking in that sewing room of yours!
    Hi fin!
    On mine you can see over the edges, it is shallower than the JRB BMBH. And I can sleep on my stomach, I really like that. Can't really curl though and sometimes a man just has to go fetal. Wait, that didn't come out right...

Let me know when you're passing through and if I'm in town we'll connect.
    Grizz

Hammock
    WarBonnet BB 1.1 DBL
    Tarp
    Maccat Deluxe Spin
    Insulation
    JRB No Sniv + Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoppie Slingin'
    Quote Originally Posted by fin View Post

I used to have that problem, but earplugs solved it. The only thing that would wake me up now would be something brushing up against the hammock.

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Ariel
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dblhmmck View Post
    Great job on the refined GrizzBridge! Once people sleep in a bridge hammock, I think most people will prefer it.

I was thinking this bridge looks broader for it's depth at the head end. I really like that! My most comfortable bridge hammock is similarly broad for it's depth.
    Thanks! Yes, with this design there is a lot of room up around the head and shoulders.

But the lay in a bridge hammock is noticeably different from a gathered end hammock...in my experience a fair fraction of folks who have a lot of experience with gathered end hammocks don't immediately take to the bridge. Unless they really want to sleep on their stomach, or really need to have a flat lay because of back issues.

Quote Originally Posted by angrysparrow View Post
    Spectacular project, Grizz...

Do you happen to have a still photo of the corners where the zipper goes 'round?
    Got one as the sun came up this a.m. Not as crisply in focus as I'd like but you can see how it goes.
    bengal-bridge-corner.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk-eye View Post
    That's mighty nice pal but I'll be in Thailand on the 14th ... it'll be a treat to look forward to after that long flight ... and for the record ... missed having some Grizz vid's to see lately!
    Safe travels. Thailand was not a favored travel destination not so long ago. Keep your red shirts packed away.

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Bear View Post
    Great show. Glad to see your latest creation. I've got to get that bridge in the basement finished.
    That's where all us bridge guys belong, is in the basement! Nice to hear from you.
    Grizz

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    JRB11x10 Z-P cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti JRB WestMtg
    Suspension
    webbing, Dutchclip
    Images
    You had me at "Zipped in bugnet, 15.3 oz, total package!" Really impressive! Thanks for the great instructional video. Another winner from Professor Hammock.
    Exercise, eat right, die anyway -- Country Roads bumper sticker
    Fall seven times, standup eight. -- Japanese Proverb

Oak Ridge & Linville Gorge, North Carolina
    Hammock
    HHE, 2QZQ Mod4, Jerry 5 DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/SFly Camo
    Insulation
    HammockGear Prod.
    Suspension
    Use them all!
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams View Post
    .....Safe travels. Thailand was not a favored travel destination not so long ago. Keep your red shirts packed away.
    Duly noted pal ... and thank you ... we've got a bit of extra security at the compound we're staying at this time. But definitely avoiding the color red!

WARNING: Will discuss Rhurbarb Strawberry Pie and Livermush at random.

"A democracy is two wolves and a small lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." ... B.Franklin

Home of the Gorge Rats: Linville Gorge
    My Videos YouTube Channel
    Photo collections Flickr Photostream

Gorge Rat Productions On FaceBook

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast