Thread: New Setup

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Images

New Setup

I got this travel double hammock on sale and decided to set it up for cool weather. I tried rewhipping it a number of times and went back to the original style. I did convert it to ringbuckles and a ridgeline. I wanted to make an overcover so I have used an old motorcycle cover I had. I rigged a second nonloadbearing ridgeline to support the overcover. My DYI underquilt went on it quite well. The first night the temps got low enough to have frost and I was cool on by butt. So last night I added my semi-inflated, self-inflating spleep pad.(got the idea from slowhike) I bundled up and headed out. I guess between slightly higher temps (no frost) and the pad and clothes, I woke up about 45 minutes later burning up. I imagine it looked really funny watching the hammock move as I hurried ly tried to get out of my sleeping bag, strip out of my fleece jacket, bacclava and long underwear. I slept the rest of the night with just a longsleeve top and shorts. I was comfortable and did not have to zip up my bag or completely cover up to be warm. So I think I may be good down even lower than frost with the setup. We will have to wait and see. the pics are in my gallery.
    Roads go ever ever on, under cloud and under star; Yet feet that wandering have gone, turn at last to home afar. Bilbo Baggins

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    looks like & sounds like that may work out well. good move using what you already had on hand to work with.
    my only concern would be this... is the motor cycle cover water proof or just water repellent? if it's water proof, you are likely run into problems w/ condensation at some point.
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

• + New Posts