Quote Originally Posted by coolkayaker1 View Post
Thanks everyone for the replies to my Mary Poppins hammock setup—I like that, Wild.

Garg, I don’t know why, but my back does hurt after sleeping in a hammock, both here and outside. I swear, if I laid any more diagonal, I’d fall out of the hammock. And when you see these photos in the Vario stand without anyone in the hammock, it looks more horizontal than it really is, since the uprights flex in. I am still experimenting.

R31@x--Berkshires, man! I’m from Athol/Orange area originally. Camp on the Mohawk trail and post photos. I see and thought about the Castaway stand before I bought the Vario, but I think the construction of the Vario is better, and only $150 incl. shipping and no tax from Amazon. And hey, you gotta support a Maine company now, huh, Byer of Maine.

Did you read this thread yet for background? http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=20848

WBBB, guess what, I don’t have it yet (even though listed on my sidebar). I ordered it 2.5 weeks ago from Brandon, and should be here soon. When I have it, I will update this thread, including photographs of it in the stand. From what others state in the thread above, the WBBB does work in it. It’s a great stand for testing gear, as you see.

Others, on the other thread, indicate that the WBBB works on it just fine.
Thanks for the info. Small world isn't it My family used to do trips to the Mohawk trail state forest between N.A. and Greenfield every year. I'm usually headed out on sections of the A.T. but if I get a chance I'll do an overnight on the trail and post photos.

I didn't see that thread. I only bought the other stand because it was on sale and it ended up being about $90. I should know better but at times I'm an impulse buyer. The one who must be obeyed is going to be really mad when she sees the other stand come in

I liked my 1.7 WBBB so much I just bought a 1.0 DL and put the dyna-glide woopies on it. I think you'll really like yours when you get it