Hammock
    DreamBonnet MockingBird
    Tarp
    OMW SuperBird
    Insulation
    Obesity
    Suspension
    a bit of everythin

I have a hammock, but I want a better one.

I found this site from watching Shug's youtube videos. This is an entirely new world for me, and I just wanted to learn more about how all the gear works together. Like all those sliding ropes and ridgelines, and carabiners. I think I want to replace my bed inside my home with one of this deals.

Hammock
    BB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    MacCat SpinnUL
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Images
    Welcome to the forum. You've come to the right place.
    "Once you start down the Dark Path, forever will it dominate your destiny." - Yoda

Hungry Hammock Hanger Website

Hammock
    HH Hyperlite & WBBB 1.0 Double
    Insulation
    Crowsnest/No Snive
    Images
    Welcome. I lurked here for a while, but Shug's videos made me register. There is surprisingly a lot to learn and experiment with a multi-millennia old invention.

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    I lurked for a while as well and was quite overwhelmed at first with the plethera of information. What kinda hammock do you have now and what kinda hammock would you like? Intended pupose, season, and most of all welcome, you will become a hammock gear junkie in no time.
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Leigh's UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Treestrap
    Welcome to HF! Before making the decision to do away with your bed and hang full time. I would suggest getting a few hammock hangs under your belt. To make sure that hammocking is indeed the right thing for you. Most everyone takes to hammock hanging like ducks to water. However there are a few rare ones do not for what ever reason. Quite a few folks here sleep in hammocks full time in their homes. So it is a quite doable proposition. In recent months there have been a few threads dealing with indoor hammock set ups. You might do a search for them and give it the once over.
    Terry

Hammock
    DreamBonnet MockingBird
    Tarp
    OMW SuperBird
    Insulation
    Obesity
    Suspension
    a bit of everythin
    Quote Originally Posted by lazy river road View Post
    What kinda hammock do you have now and what kinda hammock would you like? Intended pupose, season, and most of all welcome, you will become a hammock gear junkie in no time.
    My current hanger is a "Mac Sports - Heavenly Slumber". It has four attachment points for the chains in the spreader bars, as opposed to the normal two, so it doesn't swing. I also find it to be really uncomfortable to sleep in.

I think I want a longer one, made of nylon, for camping, without spreader bars, that swings from two ropes, like the kind Shug was using in his videos.

• + New Posts