Thread: What's up?!

What's up?!

Just returned from my first hiking camping trip. Its was only a one day deal but man am I sore! I just found out how out of shape I really am. My son (9) and I hiked 7 miles (I know "light weight") round trip. The high light of the whole thing was our hammocks. I went cheap to see if I was going to like it. I picked up 2 Grand Trunk ultralights and a tarp from walmart. I was asking a lot of the poor hammock cause I weigh in at 230+ but not only did it hold up but I was very comfy. My son said he didn't sleep well at all in it but we went to bed around 9 because it started raining and he didn't wake till 8. After he made this comment I asked him if the thunder storms had kept him awake. His answer "there were thunderstorms?" Let me tell you the storms were very bad and loud. Needless to say I think he slept better than he let on. As I said there was a lot of rain but we both stayed drier than we would have in my old tent.
    I think I will be in the market for an ENO double real soon.

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Welcome. Yeah, sounds like your son saying he didn't sleep well was just a mind thing.
    I've slept through some thunder storms w/o knowing it too
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Leigh's UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Treestrap
    Wow nice introduction and trip report all rolled into one. Welcome to HF! Do not sell your Grand Trunk Ultralight short. It is a darn fine hammock and there is not thing wrong with it.
    Terry

Quote Originally Posted by Poppabear View Post
    Wow nice introduction and trip report all rolled into one. Welcome to HF! Do not sell your Grand Trunk Ultralight short. It is a darn fine hammock and there is not thing wrong with it.
    Oh I am selling nothing short the weight limit is a concern for me. I know that the ultralight is a good one it held up my big butt all night long and I have since learned that I hung the thing wrong. The ENO Double I am assuming is a lot wider and I think in the long run will be more comfortable for me. I would rather get something that I can be in for years and then get the gear to match it (size wise)

• + New Posts