Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    switchback
    Brian--
    I hope you are doing better....I can hardly wait to receive my tarp for the upcoming trip I have....I recieved my underquilt from Stormcrow yesteray and all i have left is to recieve my tarp...
    Thanks
    Allen

Hammock
    switchback
    Has anyone heard from Brian lately? I know from this post he was under the weather, but do we know if he back up and running? I certainly hope so...

Hammock
    Switchback
    Tarp
    OES MacCat's
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Grillmastertoo View Post
    Has anyone heard from Brian lately? I know from this post he was under the weather, but do we know if he back up and running? I certainly hope so...
    I placed an order with him Friday. He responded working out details of my order, not just a Form Email. I'm assuming he's kicking around. Delivery in a few weeks, fingers crossed.

-islander

Hammock
    El Cheapo No-Name Brand
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Quote Originally Posted by Grillmastertoo View Post
    I placed an order with him last week, and he responded quickly. Two days ago I received a tracking number with the info that my tarp has shipped.

He sounded busy, but alive and kickin'

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    JRB Universal Tarp
    Insulation
    Thermarest Regulus
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Yep, he got my tarp order over to 2QZQ for mods in under a week. He's working on those orders for sure.

~Dan

Hammock
    WB Traveler 1.7 single
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH/strap
    Images
    I dropped him an email 4 days ago about a custom tarp. I am not in a rush for the tarp, so I am not yet disappointed he did not respond. I hope to hear from him in the next week or so. Brian, if you are reading this, don't feel rushed to respond, but don't forget me either....
    “Indian builds small fire and stays warm, white man builds big fire and stays warm collecting firewood”—unknown

“The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea”—Karen Blixen

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird dble coy br
    Tarp
    JRB 10x11ft
    Insulation
    UQ winter incub
    Suspension
    Woopie slings
    Images
    boys and girls, I'm at a loss:
    as you can see from my earlier posts - I started this thread - I had ordered (and paid!) a tarp from Brian a VERY good while ago following all the raving comments about him, his quality of work and his customer service. Now, I'm convinced those reports are true, in my case however the whole thing looks completely different: Until this date I have not gotten the tarp yet and worse, there is no communication with Brian notwithstanding mails and pm's via the forum. His post a little further up is pretty much the last I heard of him, he had on 20Sep further sent me the USPS tracking number showing that my tarp cleared Chicago on 09Sep en route to Germany. I realize that customs are involved, but the shipping address is a biz address and stuff from the US gets cleared normally within two/three days tops. Now, I tried to get Brian to verify the shipping address since then a couple of times, like I said, in emails and pm's but my success is zero, zip, zilsh, nada!
    Now, what should I do? Sleep out in the rain and cover the hammock with the paypal statement? By a new tarp? Get all worked up? Kick the dog or beat up my kids? Well, maybe not the poor little dog but what should I do?

Any idea is appreciated!

Thanks!

Banned
    Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben
    Insulation
    Cottage Down
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Images
    unfortunately sau, your story is all too often echoed by others concerning brian. he may make awesome gear (i have a tarp of his) but his CS sucks. if he didn't make such an awesome product people would be throwing OES under the bus. i'm about to right now

if i were you i'd contact warbonnet, see how long it will take to get a tarp from him to germany, and then cancel payment from OES. once he gets the payment cancelled notice he will then contact you, give you some sad story about how he's busy with college or sick or w/e, then will offer you free guylines to make everything ok. i'd demand your money back from him and look elsewhere. there are other options...

Banned
    Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben
    Insulation
    Cottage Down
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Images
    or if you're dead set on the OES, buy a spinn bigmambajamba and have it shipped to my house and i'll send you my OES tarp...

Hammock
    ENO DN w/ridgeline
    Tarp
    MacCat D/Warbonnet
    Insulation
    JRB HR&ORM U/TQ's
    Suspension
    Whoopie AiO/DR+TH
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by saupacker View Post
    His post a little further up is pretty much the last I heard of him, he had on 20Sep further sent me the USPS tracking number showing that my tarp cleared Chicago on 09Sep en route to Germany. I realize that customs are involved, but the shipping address is a biz address and stuff from the US gets cleared normally within two/three days tops.
    If I understand the problem correctly, there's no good answer. I've had stuff from overseas (into the U.S.) get held up for quite a while. The longest hold up was from Canda! Our next-door neighbors! I've also had stuff clear customes from the Netherlands within a week. No telling with the USPS. Seriously. I think you're stuck (much as I once was) in the customs quandary. The problem is that if you call them (USPS), they tell you to notify the sender and have them (Brian) lodge a complaint. But the sender (Brian) really can't do too much about it other than complain himself. USPS and customs does as they see fit.

Brian MIGHT be able to offer making a new one, but then he's stuck if your's suddenly shows up. He would also have to bump someone else in the queue in order to re-make your replacement tarp. Furthermore, being a custom job means he probably wouldn't be able to turn it around as fast as if it were one of his "regular" designs. This was the exact result of my dealings that I previously mentioned. The poor guy in Canada got suck with a custom sheath I did no longer needed (my package arrived) and he sunk all that time and material into it.

I don't know a whole lot about Brian, but my transaction went through as promised. I received my tarp yesterday...which is pretty much on schedule as originally promised. So, I can't consider him anything other than a good/honest business person. Busy he is...but I don't think he's the type to intensionally ignore. I know I had 3 communications with him and he answered all of them.

I hate to say it, but if you have USPS tracking info that shows it leaving his possession and through the system, all you can really do is wait. I know it's no consolation, but it's really the only reasonable thing to do.

Cheers,
    Kyle

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast