HH Hyperlight
    Tarp
    Winter Dream Vs. 2
    Insulation
    Yeti 3 Season
    Suspension
    Whoopie w/ Biner
    Images
    First off let me say that I have a wonderful OES deluxe Sil...

Now, I went through the whole thing with Brian as well..

I paid, I waited, I emailed, PM'd, Emailed again, so forth and so on.

It was weeks without a word after he would promise to get to it. Then it was just one more week.

I sent very angry emails and finally I did get my tarp. The last email was very passive and made me think that I wasnt really cared for as a customer..

I told him that I would not keep quiet about this, and have untill now.. Seems it is still a problem. I think that we might give some slight disservice to newbies here by recomending without a LARGE Disclaimer of time taken and emails sent.

I bought my last tarp from Littlefield at Backwoods Daydreamer and would buy another OES for anything. Sucks that Littlefield is out of the game right now.

Thanks and sorry about your tarp... They are great.. but not worth the headache if you ask me.

"dirt"
    “Our ordinary mind always tries to persuade us that we are nothing but acorns and that our greatest happiness will be to become bigger, fatter, shinier acorns; but that is of interest only to pigs. Our faith gives us knowledge of something better: that we can become oak trees.”

E. F. Schumacher

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0DL & ENO DoubleNest
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Leighlo 3/4 UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I bought an OES tarp this past summer. I got the tarp in a reasonable amount of time, but communication was pretty sparse. I understand being busy, but when a customer is waiting on the answer to a question before finalizing the order, I'd think you'd want to be a bit more diligent in getting that answer out.

Love the product, but if I need another tarp, I'll probably buy from Brandon instead.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB XLC 1.7, Traveler S1.7
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    let me start by saying that I completely understand everyones frustration...I too have been at the long, dark hole that can be OES customer service. BUT, I have also been on the receiving end of the most wonderful and engaging customer service by Brian on a custom project he worked on for me...
    So, at the end of the day, this is a college student working PART-TIME from his apt. What have we learned, you ask? Patience is a virtue...if you need it today, check first but have a back-up plan...and finally, this isn't wal-mart; he has a life (that doesn't envolve tarps) and if you are unsatisfied, let Brian know and choose another vendor.
    Being frustrated is one thing, but the public sniping is tiring...
    Last edited by animalcontrol; 09-29-2010 at 15:52.
    "Every day is a new day to a better future"
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." ~ Socrates

Banned
    Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben
    Insulation
    Cottage Down
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by animalcontrol View Post
    and if you are unsatisfied, let Brian know and choose another vendor.
    i'm pretty sure that's what is going on here. people are tired of lousy customer service and are letting other people know about it. i, for one, would like to know ahead of time if a product i bought would take a long time to get to me, and that the company i bought from would have big periods of time without any communcation.

i hear what you're trying to say, but honestly, i've heard enough people making excuses about his lack of customer service. this isn't some kid cutting lawns trying to save up for his 1st car...
    Last edited by Just Jeff; 09-30-2010 at 16:32. Reason: no reason to curse...we're a family friendly website

Hammock
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by swoosh View Post
    i'm pretty sure that's what is going on here. ...
    I disagree...people are complaining on a public forum, not directly to Brian (maybe both)
    You want to know your lead time on a tarp from OES, ask! If you don't get an answer or the quoted time is too long, you have an answer. You might not LIKE the answer, but you have one.
    I have personally bought multiple tarps from Brian. I refuse to paint this kid with a broad brush. He is a PART TIME VENDOR! Understand that if you measure his customer service against the Jacks, Warbonnet or any other full time vendor, you are forgetting what cottage vendors are. You want big box service, buy from a big box (btw, try and customize your order). You want cottage quality, buy from cottage vendors or make your own.

i hear what you're trying to say, but honestly, i've heard enough people making excuses about his lack of customer service. this isn't some kid cutting lawns trying to save up for his 1st car...
    really? replace 'cutting lawns' with going to college and replace 'buying first car' with paying for school and I struggle to see the difference.
    look, I'm not defending his customer service. I have been on the frustrated side of the stick. But, I am a little tired of the witch hunt in this thread. Please, remember WHO and WHAT you are dealing with. YOU HAVE OPTIONS, use them!
    It is easy to jump on the bandwagon and crucify Brian (trust me, I have wanted to). All I ask is to give him a break and remember the situation.

<<off his sopabox..resume your previous rants
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley

Banned
    Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben
    Insulation
    Cottage Down
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Images
    the problem with complaining to a company about their customer service is that no one else will ever hear your complaints. it's not as if he's advertising "hey, i won't get back to you if you email me, and i'll likely take a month longer than i said i would on getting your tarp to you"... now instead of the next guy paying for a tarp, waiting a month with no word from brian, and then posting on here "HEY IS GOING ON". he can simply read this thread, and make a decision from there...

you are wrong about the business. i made my check out to an "LLC"...

again. he's gotten plenty of "breaks"
    Last edited by Just Jeff; 09-30-2010 at 16:34. Reason: no reason to curse...we're a family-friendly website

Hammock
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    the problem with complaining to a company about their customer service is that no one else will ever hear your complaints. it's not as if he's advertising "hey, i won't get back to you if you email me, and i'll likely take a month longer than i said i would on getting your tarp to you"... now instead of the next guy paying for a tarp, waiting a month with no word from brian, and then posting on here "HEY IS GOING ON". he can simply read this thread, and make a decision from there...

you are wrong about the business. i made my check out to an "LLC"...

again. he's gotten plenty of "breaks"
    we will agree to disagree...best of luck to you!

Hammock
    HH Hyperlight
    Tarp
    Winter Dream Vs. 2
    Insulation
    Yeti 3 Season
    Suspension
    Whoopie w/ Biner
    Images
    Animal Control,

You are correct. I did jump on the bandwagon. I feel like I have spoken out of my well rear..

Yes I did get some customer service that I did not expect.

I do and did have options.. And with all the gear I sell and trade and move. I have not moved that. I love that tarp..

So to Brian, I do appreciate your excellent craftmanship and formally and publicly appologize for my rant.

You do have one of if not the best tarp on the market in my opinion.. Keep up the good work...

To AC, thank you for not biting your tounge and keeping me in check..

I hope to see you soon.
    “Our ordinary mind always tries to persuade us that we are nothing but acorns and that our greatest happiness will be to become bigger, fatter, shinier acorns; but that is of interest only to pigs. Our faith gives us knowledge of something better: that we can become oak trees.”

E. F. Schumacher

Hammock
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Pak-Man View Post

To AC, thank you for not biting your tounge and keeping me in check..

I hope to see you soon.
    Easy to do... Been there myself
    Maybe thanksgiving in the gorge... That is my hope anyway
    Cheers!!!

Banned
    Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben
    Insulation
    Cottage Down
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Images
    agree to disagree works