Tarp
    Up...
    Insulation
    Down...
    Suspension
    Tight at 30'
    Images

3. Danish HF Compassion Dog Hang ;-)

This Weekend I was supposed to attend the 1. S.K.A.H.O but due to some unforeseen circumstances i wasnt able to go and startede to get moody
    But TheWild was quick and resolute; Lets do a hang! And who can turn down such an opportunity? Not me!

After a little Pm´ing forth and back we had a plan - Pack our gear and dogs and head out to "Gulbjergmose"

So on Saturday TheWild picked me up and off we went. Once in the forrest we quickly found a nice spot and setup the hammocks And boy was i in for a surprise, TheWild had a little surprise: A complete dinnerl with wine´n´steak and everything

This hang was near an designated camp place so there was proper campfire with grill and benches, oh such luxuries It´s pretty far from our usual stealth camping routine, anyway it didnt take us long to get a good campfire going(even with a little bushcraft firestarting technique) and soon had a very nice meal Thats one more i owe you mate '
    I even managed to forget the dog food, TheWild even catered for the dogs - you just gotta love that guy.

After watching our dogs play and our usual "around the campfire talk" we tried to call the guys at the 1. S.K.A.H.O for our joined salute at 2200hours, but sadly the number i had for Peter1969 was incorrect Sorry guys, but we tried....

It appears to be a dogmatic rule, that there has to be some kind extreme element everytime we go for a hang - this time it was the moskitos! Those little buggers apparently hadnt heard, that moskito repellant is suppose to repel them
    Next morning my dog was kind of "dimpeld" because of all the bites - poor girl, TheWilds dog didnt seem to suffer much though.

This time we had to breakup camp early, so it was a short but very nice hang...

I know the rule: Pictures or it didnt happen, but i forgot the camera(sometimes i dont know what goes through my mind(on a second note, it would appear to be nothing that goes through my mind
    )) Next time there will be pictures - I Promise!

-Bomber
    /Bomber.LTD
    Member of the infamous "Hyperborean Hang Gang"
    ]
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    -Thomas Edison
    "If there is anything bigger than my ego in here, i want it dragged outside and shot"!!!
    -Zap Brannigan

To much time on your hands? Waste some time here

Hammock
    Blackbird DL1.1 / ENO DoubleNest
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    WntrYeti/Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie + Webbing
    Pics or it didn't ha... Oh, you already covered that. Standing by, awaiting proof.
    oldgringo's reply to my worrying about owning extra hammocks:

How many pairs of underwear do you own? Do you refer to them as "extras", simply because you're not wearing all of them as we speak?

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Quest
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Wookie
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    What... your phone doesn't have a camera???

That Wild is some camping partner.
    Glad you guys had fun.
    He is your friend, your companion, your defender... he is your dog. You are his life, his leader, and master. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of that devotion.

Hammock
    HH Hyperlite & WBBB 1.0 Double
    Insulation
    Crowsnest/No Snive
    Images
    Although I haven't met him, I can tell from his posts that The Wild is a classy gent. I'm glad to hear that you had a good time.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by swampfox View Post
    That Wild is some camping partner.
    Glad you guys had fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper View Post
    Although I haven't met him, I can tell from his posts that The Wild is a classy gent. I'm glad to hear that you had a good time.
    Thanks for the kind words swampfox and Trooper

We had a great time at Guldbjergmose, and my Newfoundlander dog Alma was so exhausted from playing with Bombers dog that she dedicated the entire Sunday to sleeping.

As Bomber wrote the mosquito situation up there was just horrible, instead of counting sheeps before going to sleep I could've counted mosquito bites "1, 2, 3,..........234, 235"
    A tip to those who have yet to hang with mosquitos: DO NOT REST YOUR ARMS AGAINST THE MOSQUITO NETTING - THEY WILL BITE YOU

My dog is equipped with an effective anti-mosquito device (aka. a very thick fur ), so she wasn't too bothered with it. I feel sorry for Bombers dog though, since she was attacked quite intensely. I hate mosquitos!
    The one thing that kept the mind away from all the bites was the abundance of meat that I managed to pack (enough for both humans and dogs) - Mmmmmm meat

As mentioned in the trip report we had arranged "to have a drink" with the guys in Sweden (some 700 miles away from us) at ten in the evening. Clever as we were, we brought the phone number to Peter1969 so we could make a surprise call to them... both Bomber and I was certain that the country code for Sweden was 44, so we tried calling at least 10 times without any luck (upon arriving home I discovered that the country is 46 and not 44.... DOH!!)

We'll have to remember the camera next time...

Thanks for yet another hang...
    Let's hope that we can lure other hangers to join us on the next one

/TheWild
    Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished...

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0DL
    Tarp
    Hammockgear Cuben
    Insulation
    UKhammocks UQ+TQ
    Suspension
    Warbonnet Webbing
    Images
    It seems like you also had a good hanging although it never happened because of the fact that you can´t proof it with pictures

But, as I´m a really good guy, we can say that it happened anyway. Since I´m in a very good mood after hanging in Laggträsket for 3 nights I will make an exception this time, but only this time

Sad, you didn´t have the right landcode, it would have been really fun to get a call from you guys when we sat in the dark waiting for the magic "snakejuice-hour" to appear. Luckily we had a big fire going in the evenings so at least it was bright were we sat. If I´ve been a smart guy I would have thought about calling you but that thought never occured to me

As you perhaps have seen we´ve been doing some planning about the Winter SKAHO;
    S.K.A.H.O 2K11 WINTER EDITION
    Read more about that on the winter thread.....
    No longer with a great "Yukon Yak Fever"

The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)

My pictures:My Picasa-album

My paracord-webshop:Webshop
    Sorry dudes, only in Swedish (so far).

Hammock
    Hanging...
    Tarp
    Up...
    Insulation
    Down...
    Suspension
    Tight at 30'
    Images
    On a side note, the rule of "Pictures or it never happend" does that apply to gear as well? I mean - if the AWS dont see the gear that you bought - did it never happen then?
    (and do you guys think that will work with my bank manager?)

/Bomber
    Last edited by Bomber; 09-14-2010 at 04:17. Reason: kdkban´s...
    /Bomber.LTD
    Member of the infamous "Hyperborean Hang Gang"
    ]
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    -Thomas Edison
    "If there is anything bigger than my ego in here, i want it dragged outside and shot"!!!
    -Zap Brannigan

To much time on your hands? Waste some time here

Hammock
    DIY of the Day
    Tarp
    DIY of the Day
    Insulation
    DIY PLoft/IX-UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    WS or Spyder Line
    Images
    Glad it all worked out...even if it didn't happen!
    2015 John Rock Spreadsheet.

"If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing you should do is STOP DIGGING "

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Cuben rag
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomber View Post
    On a side note, the rule of "Pictures or it never happend" does that apply to gear as well? I mean - if the AWS dont see the gear that you bought - did it never happen then?
    (and do you guys think that will work with my bank manager?)

/Bomber
    Yes, i guess that's how it works

Nice that you managed without us, i bet TheWild was happy you didn't go SKHO

@TheWild
    But what happend to your son , you seem to have taking the dog instead of a son
    Moski, who no longer feels the Secret Ninja Ski emptiness..............
    B/C he got them now

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by moski View Post
    @TheWild
    But what happend to your son , you seem to have taking the dog instead of a son
    LOL yeah the dog is better trained

He was supposed to have joined us after being at a birthday, but late in the evening my wife called and said that their were still there. We decided it was better to arrange another hang, where he could be with us from the beginning

/Wild
    Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished...

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast