Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY TQ and JRB UQ
    Suspension
    Straps w/Cinch bkl
    Images
    I used the Noah 12 with my SBP and it works fine. The Noah 12 is a BIG tarp, but works great as a winter setup. I know Buffalo has a Noah 12 also, but he might have changed now. I also swapped to a AHE Shangri La tarp, but kept the Noah for cold and rainy hangs.
    "I will study and get ready, and perhaps my chance will come." - Abraham Lincoln

(Lower Mainland) British Columbia, Canada
    Hammock
    Grand Trunk SBPro
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    whoppie slings
    Thanks aboyd!
    I think I'll get the 12. It's going to be my first to go along with my first hammock. Can't beat the price for a first timer. I'm also on the west coast of BC, so I'll be seeing a bit of rain up here and have a feeling I will be "living" under the 12 most of the time. Not to mention I'm 6'5" so I think I'll appreciate the size of it.
    www.youtube.com/user/BCkayakcamper

"The human spirit needs places where nature has not been rearranged by the hand of man." ~Author Unknown

Hammock
    WB Traveler 1.7 single
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH/strap
    Images
    Yes, aboyd and I hung out together back in December and we both had the Noah 12. I still have the N12 but I have placed an order for a custom tarp with a local vendor (I will post more as soon as I receive it and test--next weekend). It is a partial cat cut 10x11 made of 1.1 sil. It will have some special features not found on similar tarps.

As I said, I will get the tarp and test next weekend, and post a review then.
    “Indian builds small fire and stays warm, white man builds big fire and stays warm collecting firewood”—unknown

“The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea”—Karen Blixen

ok guys im on the fence here..seeing i will probably be in this hammock as the Fiance will take the HH explorer deluxe when were out, you guys think the reg.SB would be good for me, im about 5'8'' 180..i dont wanna feel cramped but im not all that big..thanks for any input..gonna order one of them from campmor as soon as i get some feedback. cheers

Hammock
    WB Traveler 1.7 single
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH/strap
    Images
    For the most part, the bigger, the better. To clarify, the bigger the hammock, the better opportunity to get a flatter lay.

Will you be comfortable in a SB? Sure. Will you be more comfortable in a SB Pro? Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Legal Department
    Disclaimer: I do not have a Skeeter Beeter, only an SB Pro. I am not responsible for comfort levels in any products discussed here, nor do I assume responsibility for weight, suspension, insulation, weather protection, or CBS. YMMV.
    Hope that helps.
    “Indian builds small fire and stays warm, white man builds big fire and stays warm collecting firewood”—unknown

Hammock
    Gt UL, 1.7 wbbb
    Tarp
    GG, monsoon,suprfl
    Insulation
    PLUQ, jarbidge, di
    Suspension
    Whoopie wb-strap
    Images
    I see this thread has been inactive a while but I have a question that I think you might be able to answer. I currently have the GT Traveler UL. I want a bug net, the BWCA has some nasty skeeters. How does the lay of the SBUL compare to the traveler UL. for $45 buck the SBUL sounds almost too good to be true. I am by no means a weight weenie as most of my hammock use is either on canoe trips, or camping with the family.

Hammock
    WB Traveler 1.7 single
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH/strap
    Images
    The only GT with which I have any experience is the Skeeter Beeter Pro. Since last October, I have spent 39 nights in this hammock. I cannot say enough good about this hammock. I have modified it slightly, with a ridge line through the bug net, and I have tweaked the set up, and even list night did a little more. It can be used with the bug net, or without the bug net, by flipping it over with the net under the hammock. I have only slept without the net two nights, but will rig it this way tomorrow, when the temps will be down to 50° and below (ie, no bugs). This is just about the longest hammock on the market at 10' 6", though a few others are 6" wider. I get a very comfortable lay in this hammock at 6'1"/195 lbs.

This is a great hammock at a great price. Admitedly I have never seen any other Grand Trunk, so I simply cannot offer any information beyond the SB Pro.

Hope that helps.

(Lower Mainland) British Columbia, Canada
    Hammock
    Grand Trunk SBPro
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    whoppie slings
    Hey Buffalo I'd love to see how you modified it to get a ridge line in there!
    www.youtube.com/user/BCkayakcamper

"The human spirit needs places where nature has not been rearranged by the hand of man." ~Author Unknown

Hammock
    WB Traveler 1.7 single
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH/strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian_Eh View Post
    Hey Buffalo I'd love to see how you modified it to get a ridge line in there!
    Look at this other thread I have. It pretty much shows how I did this....
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=35208

Hope that helps.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123