Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which lay

Which lay

If you have a bad knee that has to stay straight, left in this case, with a flexed right leg, is one lay or the other better? In my double nest, I think I tend to lay more with my head to the right, but honestly, I am not sure which I favor.

Hammock
    Mackinac Bridge
    Tarp
    DCF
    Insulation
    Grey Goose Down
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Head left, feet right puts your left leg in a slightly less stressed position than the opposite. I have no idea if it will make a difference for you though.
    "Behold, as a wild a** of the desert, go I forth to my work." -- Guerney Halleck

Hyper extension is bad, but sleeping with it flexed all night like the angled side of figure 4 is really bad.

In my doublenest, I would lay every which way. No looking at an asymmetrical, I am not sure what to choose.

Thanks for the help

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    You may be a perfect candidate for a bridge hammock.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

I tried one of those, but I do not remember which one. It seemed really constrictive and confining. I wish I knew which one I had tried. A buddy has a bizzare one that converts to a chair and is perpendicular to the suspension. That thing felt like I was in a mummy bag.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge /Draumr
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    PolyStraps/Huggers
    Quote Originally Posted by redman2006 View Post
    I tried one of those, but I do not remember which one. It seemed really constrictive and confining. I wish I knew which one I had tried. A buddy has a bizzare one that converts to a chair and is perpendicular to the suspension. That thing felt like I was in a mummy bag.
    There are others that you might want to consider. Group hangs are a great place to try new stuff without having to make the large financial commitment. The Warbonnet ridge runner would be something I would recommend you try. It doesn't convert to a chair...
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men should do nothing.”

- Edmund Burke

Getting to one is my problem. I work 6 days a week usually. My overnighters consist of leaving on saturday after work, making as many miles as fast as I can, camping and heading out in the am.

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD777 View Post
    You may be a perfect candidate for a bridge hammock.
    Quote Originally Posted by redman2006 View Post
    That sounds like a 90-degree hammock, like a Hammocktent or an Amok; I agree with MAD that a true bridge hammock could really be the answer. I DIY'd one, and Bic and Grizz both have detailed video series on how they each made theirs...

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...rizz-Inspired)

Smart graphic design for all your needs by BGD

cowboy, is that an illusion, or are your feet and head significantly lower than the center of the body?

How wide is yours? the one I tried came up really high on the sides and was pretty narrow. It felt like you were laying in 1/2 of a piece of pipe. Yours does not look nearly as deep. that deep U shape of the one I tried scruched the shoulders together significantly. Head to foot, it was nice and flat.

Yes, it was like the Amok I just looked up. Laying it it was comfortable, but like a sarcophagus when you zipped it all up.
    My DN has been fairly comfortable, but I would like to move up to integrated bug netting and maybe a cover.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast