Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    I just came back from the Hot Springs Hang and Hoop Cheese used his and said it worked just fine for him.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    1.1 DL Traveler
    Tarp
    Etowah 8x10
    Insulation
    AHE Lost River
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    for $60 I'd look into the warbonnet traveler. I liked the lay better (as compared to a singlenest) plus it already has the suspension with it. my 2 cts
    Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith (Hebrews 12:2)

Hammock
    ENO, HH ULB, WBBB, GT
    Tarp
    WBSuperfly
    Insulation
    AHELR,Agnes,WInCub
    Suspension
    Cinch,Tglides,Whoo
    The DN has too much fabric for one person, in my opinion, even laying diagonally, it's too much 'flap", as others (Big Jim, et al) have posted about here. Loads of flapping fabric hitting you in the face. Good for two, though, as my wife and I use it together. I prefer the ENo single nest for one person.

That said. I concur with chief--I'd get a WB Traveller any day over a ENO DN again.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    I hate to say it publicly, but Genuine Draft prefers the TrekLight and ENO Doubles to anything else I have. That, sadly, includes her Blackbird and Traveler. Neither of us are bothered by the 'loose' material. Probably because the hammocks we sleep in at home are wider still than the Doubles, so we're used to wide hammocks. Honestly, we don't notice the extra material at all. I assume it's due to the very hard diagonal we sleep on normally. It's also very nice when we do want to sleep in the same hammock to be able to do so with relative comfort in the Doubles.

Still, that is probably the most common complaint about the double sized hammocks. Just isn't an issue in my world, but I'm far from somebody that is considered 'normal'.

I'd probably be more inclined to list their weight as my biggest issue with them. For backpacking, they are on the heavier side.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    Home Made from Acer
    Tarp
    Kelty
    Insulation
    Body Fat
    Suspension
    Mule's Special
    Images
    I have an ENO SN and love it, I made a bug net and use a wallyworld tarp ( for now ) never had problems with it at all....spent a week on the KT with it over the spring....would do it again....

Jerry the Hiker

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    The suspension is obvious, but very easy to change out so I wouldn't really count that either.

I was ok with the extra material, but I didn't think it was needed to get the flat lay. And if it's not needed, then why carry it?

The main reason I got rid of mine is b/c I just didn't find it as comfortable as my $4 DIY models. It's a great hammock, but I was expecting a little more since it's so popular here, and it didn't pan out for me.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    DL 1.7 Blackbird
    Tarp
    SuperFly/snakeskin
    Insulation
    exped 9 dlx, sb UQ
    Suspension
    warbonnet straps
    Images
    Usually the extra material on the double isn't a problem, unless I'm in the wind.

During the Texas Water Safari I was at the finish line at Sea Drift and had the double eno strung up over the pick-a-nick table under one of the small pavillions. It was really blowin' hard and I got whipped to death! It was tough getting any sleep but I did mange it, some. Should have broke out the blackbird instead, but it was hot and the skitters were blown back into whatever cover so I thought the eno was perfect, and it would have been, if it was a bit calmer, but then the skitters would have been out .....

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    The DN has too much fabric for one person
    For me its just fine. But I am a big guy. I have spend many an afternoon "conducting sleep tests" in my back yard. Of course I am laying in it at an angle (feet on on side and head towards the other.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    WBBB Dbl 1.7
    Tarp
    Mac Cat Ultra
    Insulation
    thermarest, DIY UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies and strap
    Images
    I have an ENO DN and it is pretty nice. The flaps don't bother me since I just use them as a sort of blanket. I have two mods though. One was mentioned earlier and that was swapping the heavy cheap rope end ties for a good amsteel whoopie. The second was getting out the old seam ripper and pulling off the heavy strap and buckle that cinches tight the stuff sack. It offends my moderate light/ultralight sensibilities.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Ultra
    Insulation
    Undecided
    Images
    My biggest complaint was with the terribad slap straps that I originally bought with is. Yes, I know this is not a stock option, but the straps in general were by biggest complaint. Easy enough to rectify though, I ordered extra suspension straps when I ordered my wbbb. Problem solved. My DN is by farmy most oft used hammock.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast