HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    HH Hex Fly
    Insulation
    HH Supershelter
    Suspension
    Whoopies-n-Huggers

Portland area hang

Hope those of us that met at the meet and greet had a good time. Could have been a little quieter, but the food, drink and company was good. So next is setting a date for a hang. I can do some scouting around tomorrow maybe and see if I can find a site to serve several hammocks. Is anyone opposed to Tillamook forest? Worst case, there is Jones Creek Campground. I know of 3 sites very close together that should hold at least 6 hammocks. I'd do that as a last resort though. If anyone knows of a more ideal place, chime in by all means. I know of a fairly good place west of Brown's Camp. Once you get over that far, the quads and cycles are almost inaudible. Lets hear some ideas and take a vote. It was nice meeting y'all!
    Last edited by Silverlion; 09-20-2010 at 13:37.
    We must all learn to live together as brothers--or we will all perish together as fools. MLK

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    OES 12 x 10
    Insulation
    JRB Mt.Washington4
    Suspension
    Whoopie/UCR
    It was nice to meet you and the family, Silverlion. I may be able to do some scouting as well this week (probably Thursday). I know of some good places on Mt. Hood. and one car camping place near Detroit Lake. I've been wanting to go to the TSF more anyway. So unless we just don't find anything good, I'm for that. Let me know what you find and I'll do the same.

If anyone else has a spot the like that would accommodate several hammocks without out to far of a hike, let's hear it.

Free and primitive is my vote.
    ~Bryan

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    OES 12 x 10
    Insulation
    JRB Mt.Washington4
    Suspension
    Whoopie/UCR
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverlion View Post
    Worst case, there is Jones Creek Campground.
    I think this calendar says Jones Creek is closed for the season already. Look at September, which is the last month.
    ~Bryan

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    HH Hex Fly
    Insulation
    HH Supershelter
    Suspension
    Whoopies-n-Huggers
    oh wow. I never paid any attention to parks closing for the season. I guess I'm still accustomed to the Texas parks. They hardly ever close. Oh well. That was a last resort anyway. There are plenty of primitive spots along the old logging roads in the TSF.
    We must all learn to live together as brothers--or we will all perish together as fools. MLK

Hammock
    Ask me tomorrow
    Tarp
    Old Blue
    Insulation
    DIY, HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Agnostic
    Images
    Hey, P-towners. I'm game for a get-together. I've gone out to the coast (Smugglers Cove) and out to Timothy Lake. I'll need to check on the park closures, too. Will do tomorrow. Looking forward to meetin' y'all.

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    HH Hex Fly
    Insulation
    HH Supershelter
    Suspension
    Whoopies-n-Huggers
    I'm thinking about taking my son camping this weekend in TSF. If anyone want's to hang out, lemme know.

Hammock
    Ask me tomorrow
    Tarp
    Old Blue
    Insulation
    DIY, HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Agnostic
    Images
    I forgot... Oswald West (Smugglers Cove) was closed in 2008 due to falling trees. Not a good idea. I still go out to surf out there, but completely spaced on the "official" closure. Darn.

How about Fort Stevens (link: http://www.oregonstateparks.org/park_179.php)? I've trailer camped there, but don't know if you can hammock camp there or not. Hmmm.....(pondering)

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make this weekend. Darn. Have fun and happy hangin'!

Hammock
    Ask me tomorrow
    Tarp
    Old Blue
    Insulation
    DIY, HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Agnostic
    Images
    Another possibility is Cape Disappointment. Up on the Washington side. It's open year round, I know, but I don't know if it's hammock friendly or not. Some research is in order, me thinks. Does anyone know? I know both Cape Disappointment and Fort Stevens have lots of trails. Fort Stevens has the ship wreck and the Fort to explore which are both pretty cool. Here's the link for Cape Disappointment: http://www.parks.wa.gov/parks/?selec...Disappointment

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    HH Hex Fly
    Insulation
    HH Supershelter
    Suspension
    Whoopies-n-Huggers
    I've been to FS a few times. It's a nice place, but the weather was rotten both times. Wind and rain. It's the only thing I hate about the Oregon coast. Well, that and the freezing water. I guess I'm still spoiled with the Texas water temps.
    This weekend, I gotta camp pretty local as I'm strapped for cash. I just don't want to pass up an ideal weekend.

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    HH Hex Fly
    Insulation
    HH Supershelter
    Suspension
    Whoopies-n-Huggers
    My son and I are definitely going to TSF this weekend. If anyone wants to join, PM me.

As far as a more organized hang, I was told there are some hammock friendly sites here: http://www.oregonstateparks.org/park_113.php

Just an idea. Keep the ideas coming. Maybe we can organize something for next weekend.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast